10.4.1 update error

simplegray

Registered
when i try to update to the 10.4.1 i get an error tellling me that i don't have the proper system requirements and then i have to cancel installation.

i have 10.4, 1.5 gigs of ram, 1.5 ghertz....

what the deal?

when i go to the Apple Logo and click info... it says i'm running 10.4. I also just installed Tiger the other day.

and when i jumpt to 10.4.2 it gives me the exact same error.

also, interestingly when i go to software update, it doesn't instruct/tell me that a new version of tiger is available.

any takers?

Where did you get Tiger from? I'm not insinuating anything, but pre-releases and beta versions of Tiger which were distributed illegally on the internet will not update with those updaters -- they'll forever be stuck at 10.4.

If you do have a legitimate, legally-obtained version of Tiger, then something strange is going on... when you select "About This Mac" from the Apple menu, then click on "Version 10.4", what build number does it report?

If you go to the Apple menu "about this mac" and click on the text "Version 10.4", what build number does that give you? And: Is your user account an administrative user?

That is not the retail release of Tiger.

You have a copy of Tiger that is not legitimate to own unless you're a subscribing ADC member, and that copy does not have the credentials to be updated -- that's why your effort to update it is failing (only the retail version has the "proper system requirements").

I would suggest supporting the company you like and pony up $130.

How could you tell it wasn't official? My friend gave it to me to use.

Is there a place you can go to lookup which builds are cool and which one's are not?

Also, could that bad build explain why my computer is sort of crashing every now and then (when it NEVER did in panther?)

It's not official. The official build number is not 4a425. Your friend either obtained it illegally, or is a subscribing ADC member -- either way, your using it is not licensed.

Since it's not the final release, that could very well be why you're crashing. There are more changes and stability fixes in the final release.

It is illegal to obtain Tiger without paying for it. This is not the place to ask about obtaining Tiger in ways other than paying for it.

Back