110% Positive Feedback Only!!!

CaribbeanOS-X

Tropics Tech
I've been reading posts about problem after problem, little issues, etc...

Let's hear some impressive things... tell the members and guests that your machine sucked back 70% of 4gigs of Ram to render a short film, while you watched a Streamed HD DTS Film on your Cinema Display (muted sound), because you were also having a 3 way iChat Video Conference, and printing your latest 400 page novel.
(it's just an example)

I wanted to brag about my MacBook: iTunes Running, AfterEffectsCS3, PhotoshopCS3, BridgeCS3, Skype... i was rendering a simple 1min AEP, using the hot corners to flip back over to PhotoShop, all while i had iTunes playing from my External Lacie HD and Yapping to a Friend with skype, audio and video enabled.​

Your turn...

My mac is so much easier to use than the PC. I just wish it ran the ASP.net framework. :)

I love how I can synch my ipod to podcasts without dragging them over one at a time. Sweet.

Two things...

Went to a business meeting with my document pouch, asked my prospect if he wanted a demo of my software, he looked at me intrigued - where is the computer ? - and I pulled out the macbook air.

I use virtual machines to run specific legacy software. It feels just great to manipulate a windows like you manipulate any old file.

haha aicul. Although the Air isn't for me, I can imagine it would be an attention grabber! Sure would make everyone else's look big and clunky.

2 things from me too:

MacBook Pro
I'm astounded at the life of my MacBook Pro CoreDuo 2Ghz. Ordinarily I am the sort of person who gets tired of their computer within 3 months, and starts yearning for the latest and greatest. However, 2 years on and I have no desire whatsoever for the new MBPs because my current one does everything fast and reliably. I'll update eventually, of course, but I don't yet feel like I"m missing out on anything, or that it's getting sluggish out outdated. And it's not like I just use it for email -- I use FCP and Adobe CS3 all the time.

Time Machine
I also want to say how much I (heart) Time Machine. My hard disk died very suddenly last week, and ordinarily when I have to reinstall the os, it will take upwards of 4-6 hours to get things back up and running. And, inevitably, there is a setting or preference or file that your forgot. With Time Machine, I was up and running within the hour (and 90% of that was waiting for the backup files to copy and osx to reinstall -- only about 5-10 mins was spent manually doing stuff).

Addendum #1:

LOVE the Apple Care - 3 year!> Same day repairs! I've had Toshiba's, Sony's and many others... they all eventually get a replacement to you via FEDEX but... what's the point anymore, i just go to my APPLE STORE and they check my APPLE ID and it's done!

I agree with you, THANK THE CHEESE, i've had this particular MacBook for over a year! It does everything my PC's did before but better and has 90% less down time.

I love AppleCare. Om my Mac Book Pro the right speaker decided to go (I knew it blew because of the sounds it was making before it stopped). After doing all the usual fixes (SMU reset, Pram reset, Single User FSCK, etc.) and nothing. When I called AppleCare I calmly explained my problem and trouble shooting steps. The tech thanked me for trying and sent my a RA number. The box showed up the next day and I received the fixed Mac Book Pro in about 2 business days. This was way faster than I expected.:)

Anyone with a Mac laptop should ALWAYS get AppleCare! Laptops are very hard to fix and one visit to AppleCare pays for itself.

1) I never wait for a "Start Menu Bar" to load all my applications, etc. when I restart the Mac.
2) Six spaces opened for my iTunes, WOW, email, web browsing, Pages/Keynote, and YouTube.
3) There is always something worth finding on the Mac.

Love Mac....

Oh... let's count how many times i've had to reformat and install a clean OS due to Malware, Spyware, Trojans, Worms... whatever names you want to give them.

Hmmmm 1, 2, 3, 37... ya! Exactly..."0"

;)

Back