17" macbook pro

dude, I just bought a friggin 15" :mad: If they released this 1 week ago i probably would have saved an extra month and bought it.

at least I got a good 7 days of knowing I had the best mac on the market... :/

Satcomer said:
This confirms to me that FW800 is going away from the PowerMac replacements.

Why? People are more likely to do high end video work on a desktop machine than they are on a portable.

Captain Code said:
Why? People are more likely to do high end video work on a desktop machine than they are on a portable.
My typing mistake that I fixed. Sorry.

So Apple's really not going to give users a choice. I can already imagine... Want 2.16 GHz? That's 17" for you, then. Want 1.6 GHz? Then may I show you the 13" MacBook. What, you want to CONFIGURE your notebook? You crazy?! (...)

On the plus side: Every new intel Mac moves the transition along.

This MacBook Pro looks very sweet. Plus, it's got the Firewire 800 ports (Thank God they didn't do away with them). The only thing keeping me from buying one is the price. :( Well, it's not like I can actually go and buy one today either. :p Hopefully by the time I can afford one they'll have the revised CPUs and whatnot. But for now if you have the money, this is a sweet machine.

Personally, I wouldn't mind one with a T2400 CPU in it. I don't need it to be a 2 GHz laptop. 1.83 is just enough ooomph for me. :D

I pity the fool who I happen to see in my local coffee shop with one of these. I'll be drooling all over it... gosh... Apple needs to stop playing with my emotions.

Give me money God, just give me 3k please... that's all... :p

i don't know if you guys notice, but it has 8x dual layering burning. they added what they took from the previous powerbook. Now if only the 15 inch can get a revised upgrade...say around WWDC, i'll cop it! Leopard is too close around the corner. I don't want to buy now and then have to purchase new OS as well.

Qion said:
I pity the fool who I happen to see in my local coffee shop with one of these. I'll be drooling all over it... gosh... Apple needs to stop playing with my emotions.

Dude, i hope God has 3 for me too!

Next year, I can justify getting a Mac Mini and replacing my Dell (which will be close to 6 years old by then and hopefully destroyed) and maybe as a graduation gift to myself i'll get a Rev. C/D/E or whatever the hell it is of the 17" MBP.

2008 can't come soon enough!!!1!

Qion said:

but, apart from the two little (unsightly) black dots on the user side, it looks no different from a 17" powerbook. someone could be in a coffee shop with a 3 year old 17" powerbook and you wouldn't know the difference.

Back