7B49 Seeded

Wickedkitten

Registered
Moving right along Apple has seeded 7B49 to developers. No idea what is new yet but I'm sure there will be new reports later today

I only installed 7B44 yesterday!
Well lets hope networking is a little tidier in this build at least, local network browsing has been a little unreliable thus far, though oddly browsing windows resources seems pretty good.

Oh well, fire up Fetch and buy some more CD's......

On the plus side, Panther does seriously rock when compared with 10.2.6, faster, prettier and very few crashes so far.

Enjoy folks.

G4 1Ghz, 1Gb ram, 10.2.6 on Main drive, Panther builds on slave.

Man, they're just cranking the builds out aren't they? :confused:

I'll wait and get the next build that comes along... Should only be, what, four days? :D

At this rate 10.3 might make the Paris Expo in three weeks time.

Well I'm off out to buy some more CDR's.

As said in another topic: Get some CDRWs. They're slower, yes and a bit more pricey, true; but the end result is that you don't have to keep crankin' out the CD-Rs like they're going out of style.

Unless, of course, you like to have old builds lying about... then yes, CD-Rs are the way to go. Based on this new speed of releases, GM shouldn't be too far away.

Also as said on another thread: Just burn number one, install the other stuff from the mounted disk images.

If you look at XCode CD, There is a text about XCode, notice the release date! I have a feeling it will be released during Apple Expo!

Although I find it very, very strange, those 'B' builds feel pretty much as final as the 'G' builds of 10.1 or the 'C' builds of 10.2... Maybe the time Apple needs until completion becomes shorter with every new OS? ;-)

I'd still say that AppleExpo Paris is a bit _too_ near for a GM. A final candidate to show, yes. A release? Maybe a few weeks later...

Originally posted by fryke
Also as said on another thread: Just burn number one, install the other stuff from the mounted disk images.

fryke, I presume in order to do this I have to do an "archive and update" install?

Still have to burn all three (four xcode) if you want to do a clean install right?

Thanks.

NY152

Hmm, I'd agree, Paris Expo is definitely a little soon for a release.

I've had a couple of program crashes, Entourage seems a little unhappy, but then it is a Microsoft product and as usual InDesign and Toast dont seem to get on with Panther.

Networking is still a little funky, browsing to a windows domain sees all the machines but once authenticated the shares disappear when you click on them.
Mounting only seems possible through typing in the afp or smb path.

Havent tried Active Directory yet, anyone else had the bottle to hook up to Windows AD?

But the stability and speed are definitely getting more refined with each build though. :)

Originally posted by NY152
fryke, I presume in order to do this I have to do an "archive and update" install?

Still have to burn all three (four xcode) if you want to do a clean install right?

Thanks.

NY152

No. When you get to the screen with the "Install" button, click on the "Customize" button on the bottom-left corner and select only the BSD Sub-system. Then after you have run the Setup Assistant you can mount the other two disk images and either do custom installs from the meta-packages (.mpkg), or install the individual .pkg files contained in the Packages folders.

Man... for the first time in OS X I found the iBook's battery menu extra displays it to have more than 4 hours and 45 mins battery life left!

--

iBook 800 CD-ROM AirPort 640MB 30GB Level 2 brightness and half volumn.

Actually I found a serious bug for the Date and Time extra, it displays the current time one hour ahead!

Back