7b68

gaspgaspgasp
weezer you like?!
or just your name....?
Is there actually a performance decrease? then nevermind what i said.... panther retail shalln't come out for a while!

I love them Weezer - the bands name 5/14/02 - release date of there album maladroit...i wish these new builds would speed thnigs up a bit considering im running it on a iMac G3 500Mhz

7B59 did seem a bit buggier than some of the builds immediately before it. However, I've just installed 7B68 and is running really smoothly and without any noticable bugs. Very stable. Speed is zippy (as have been past builds). From version number updates I can see that Address Book, iSync, Mail, Safari and iCal (now at version 1.5.1 v611) have been improved, among others. A couple of new features I've noticed: First, there are a handful of new desktop pictures (which actually I first noticed in build 7B59), a new purple Internet Connect app icon, and when you click the animated lock icon (which locks out changes to System Preferences panels) there is a charmingly creaky sound as the clock clicks open and closed.

Originally posted by WeeZer51402
has anybody else noticed that with each build there is a performance decrease...why is this?

Yes, I have just upgrade to 7B68 from 7B53 and there is a significant system performance decrease. Don't know why and I don't know how?

For example, Flash MX use to load in about 3 seconds. Now, it take about 6 -10 secs. I have notice that MS Entourage is a lot faster and better performance.

Still investigating:

1. Sim City 4 doesn't work that well in 10.3. Mainly with graphics redraw as most of the buildings are missing on the map. They are there, but not displayed.

2. "Snap to Grid" on the desktop is still knacked. I can't get my icons to be flushed to the left, I have this huge margin.

3. While wrting this thread in Safari, the typing in the box is all screwed up as it's not displaying all the message as I type.

It seems that 10.3 has a long way to go yet...

I have maladroit, amazing, amazing!!!!!! MEOW! Speaking of which, lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol PANTHER 10.3

ive had the same safari text box issue myself, although not as often in this newest build

cockneygeezer said: "2. "Snap to Grid" on the desktop is still knacked. I can't get my icons to be flushed to the left, I have this huge margin."

Ever since Macintosh (early 80s), the Finder's desktop defaulted to the upper _right_ corner for its grid. Putting icons to the upper _left_ corner is windowsy. ;-)

Originally posted by fryke
cockneygeezer said: "2. "Snap to Grid" on the desktop is still knacked. I can't get my icons to be flushed to the left, I have this huge margin."

Ever since Macintosh (early 80s), the Finder's desktop defaulted to the upper _right_ corner for its grid. Putting icons to the upper _left_ corner is windowsy. ;-)

I think that you have misunderstood what I was trying to say. I meant any icons in general. Please see the attached screenshot. As you can see, the icons on the left are as far left as they go. They can't go any further with the "Snap To Grid" option turned On.

I hope that this gets fixed quick as this is such a waste of space...

Attachments

• screenshot.gif
    screenshot.gif
    58.9 KB · Views: 43
Well, maybe you don't understand what _I_ meant. ;-) ... As the grid is starting from the upper right corner, the position of the most-left icon is variable, depending on icon and text size. With your settings of icon and text size, an icon left to your most-left icons would be nearer to the left edge than the most-right icon is to the right edge. Thus, the Finder doesn't allow icons there. It's a mathematical/design thing.

If you want the grid to be closer, change the icon size and/or text size. This will change the grid spacing.

Originally posted by fryke
Well, maybe you don't understand what _I_ meant. ;-) ... As the grid is starting from the upper right corner, the position of the most-left icon is variable, depending on icon and text size. With your settings of icon and text size, an icon left to your most-left icons would be nearer to the left edge than the most-right icon is to the right edge. Thus, the Finder doesn't allow icons there. It's a mathematical/design thing.

If you want the grid to be closer, change the icon size and/or text size. This will change the grid spacing.

Dear Fryke,

Sorry if I caused offence; that was not my intention. I can see what you are getting at, but the settings I have now, were exactly the same as the ones I used in X.2. Nothing has change. The size of the icons are 32x32 with 10pt text size. Try it on your system, does it effect you?

Out of a matter of interest, is it just me or are all the fonts now 'condensed', ie squashed up? Has Apple changed the default font? In my opinion, it looks a lot nicer :)

Hmm... Well, Apple _did_ change something about the grid. The icons have more space around them, I guess, because of the labels that you can now give them (again). But I still think it's Apple's intention, so I don't see it as a bug that will be resolved...

Wow-

they still must be in the process of developement:

Image Capture starts up when I turn on my EPSON 3200,and I can´t turn it off!
Plus,since this is a slide/negative film scanner,THEY forgot to include a negative option. ;-((
Resulting you only can scan slides.
7B53 showed the same.
Still something to fix,APPLE!

Finally on 7B68, too. :) ... Glad I had the time to install. Jason: Can't confirm the Finder copy from desktop to folder bug. My Finder doesn't crash.

The creak-sound of the authenticating lock is very ... small. Nice!

Safari, btw., has reached build 100 with this build. (Version is still 1.1, as in previous Panther builds.)

yeap/
just installed b68 as well

same wit me fryke, my finder doesnt crash.

btw has any1 upgraded instead of doin a clean install.if yes.. any problems?

btw i had never mentioned this but smooth scrolling rocks:p

Yes-I did it with every build,contrary to Apples statements an upgrade install is possible.

just upgraded once more from 7B53 to 7B68,zero problems except see above!

Yes, my install was an upgrade from 7B59, no problems so far. My performance, though, is good. ;-)

Btw., genehack: You still won't be able to upgrade to the final version. (Archive & Install will work, though.) The upgrading from beta to beta is, well, a bit dangerous and has failed sometimes in the past.

i encrypted my 10 GB home folder today with file vault. it took quite some time.. (aprox 50 mins).
dont none of u try it just for fun...

Kernel panics galore!

Waking from sleep on my G4, then clicking on something causes an instant kernel panic.

panic.log shows it has something to do with the nVidia drivers, which in a way is a good thing because my card isn't supported so far in any Panther build.

hmmm, question, i have a partioned drive, one partition is panther and the other is jaguar, i just updated xcode which resides on the jaguar partition, which is bigger but was installed on the panther partition i just copied the 'Developer' folder over and then created and alias but when i ran the update it said it worked just fine, is there any way to confirm this, there debugger has been acting kinda buggy...getting stuck in perfectly logical while loops...

Back