Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Mac Games' started by tossinsparks, Apr 28, 2010.
No! Never seen that!!
Ok, first of all thank you so much for all your help, and sorry for taking so long to get back to you, been either too busy or tired to get to this...
So yeah, I wasn't sure if the fungus horn was anything, but thanks to the gun, and your help... and I could not seem to lift the horns lids, and I face-palmed when I realized it was as simple as "open". D'oh!
Down inside the beast, did you ever find the stash of gems in the left passage? The one before you collect the hormones?
Then it took me forever before I broke down and had another look at your message to figure out how to open the wall to the symbol button/antidote room... I never would have figured to only push 3 of the buttons before pushing enter...
So now I have been trying to find new objectives to complete, and the latest one I found was the machine near the Fairy Queen's place, the guy there says it needs a fan-belt, and I remembered that there was one on the island's shipwreck... so I mannage to make my way there, especially now that I know how to escape, but now I keep getting stuck/sidetracked with the random jump gates, and wandering/fooling around... so any idea if what I'm trying to do is productive, or is this a dead-end?
The old guy in the trailer still tells me to go-away, I haven't found a way up the cliff-face, turned the fairy queen back to normal, ect... In fact I had only found a whole lot of nuthin', except bits and pieces, and getting stuck plenty.
Yeah, I almost gave up on that too, then I realised "open horn". *facepalm* Same with the orchid, use knife, not cut orchid...doh...
Yeah.... though to be honest, having played almost all the levels I already had so much treasure in my pockets that I had to drop some to take new items. (there's a limit to how much you can carry with you). So I don't get very excited over valuable items...
Oh absolutely, you need to give him a fanbelt, it's crucial for completing the magic forest world When you give him the fanbelt his robot will open the door to that castle in the back, and then there's stuff for you to do inside.
I played that bit a few months ago so my memory might not be as fresh about that... don't kill me if I've mixed something up, but I think you need to give him some golden nuggets. He won't talk to you until you have them. In one of those cabins you'll find some poster on the wall, that talks about packrats and about how they like shiny objects. After you've read it, you'll bump into a packrat next to a crumbled hut. I think it will run and you have to follow it, and it will take you to its nest, hidden behind some rubble. When you uncover the nest, I think you'll find the golden nuggets there. I think. I hope I'm not wrong.
Hi everyone! I came to this thread looking for answers about A Mess O' Trouble because I used to play it a long time ago and recently came back to it and got really nostalgic. I know it's a little late to be posting this since the last posts were almost a year ago, but I am stuck at the Revenue City and have a couple of questions. I finished all the other worlds, just not this one. There are a couple objects I'm stumped by:
(1) To get past the door with a skull and crossbones ("Another Door"), is there something other than the peg that I should put in the wall? I keep getting killed by falling rocks here. Is there another beam I could use instead of removing the one at the wall?
(2) What is the "cylinder" with notches on it for?
(3) Does anyone know what the sparkplug is used for? I believe I found it in the Bermuda Triangle / sea world..
(4) What is the old pump handle for? I think that was found in the Revenue City world.
(5) How do you open the ore bins in the bunker and out in the open? Is it possible? I feel like when I played a long time ago I got some treasure from these but I don't remember how.
(6) The mine shaft with the cart... what's the deal? Do I get a key for that lock somehow, or do I reach it from the inside?
Thanks for your help all! Hopefully someone reads this
ok, i'm replying to my own post in case someone reads this later.
(1) Yes, you should use something else. Try typing "help" in the room and see what happens. You don't need to get a different beam.
(2) You don't find this out until very late in the game, but it is used for something.
(3) I haven't found a use for this.... but look in the hole it leaves!
(4) It's for a pump! You will find this after crossing the blasting powder bags (after solving the puzzle mentioned in #1)
(5) Not sure you can...
(6) Yes, you will get a key, but not until you have solved the puzzle mentioned in #1 and wander around some more in Revenue City.
I managed to finish the game today! 6/10 bonus items and 35/40 MVOs.... must try to find them all at some point!
Pardon me for resurrecting an old thread, but I thought you might be interested to know that my classic adventure game, A Mess O' Trouble, has recently been revamped and updated for OS X, and is now available on the Mac App Store!
For more information, a preview trailer, and a link to the game, click here:
Thank you for your interest in my games!
Thanks Ray!! Please update the others as well. I'm knee deep in AMOT and stuck and loving it!! cant wait to play AFM!! Love it!
You're welcome! Yes, we're working on updating the rest of my games. If you need any help with AMOT just let me know.
Thanks for your support!
alright, I'm stuck too! I've completed the void world, and I'm working on the monolith valley world now -- I am pretty close I think, but I can't for the life of me find the 3-digit code that turns on the emergency generator in the crumbling city tower. Is it located in this world somewhere? I feel like I've talked to everyone in the world at least 100 times now, and have been to every scene that I can get to, and I can't find it anywhere. Thoughts?
It might be too late in this information but outside of the generater room near the hole in the wall to the outside. Click on all the panels and you'll find what you are looking for.
does anyone know how to get into the adit
i'm stuck - and i have tried everything i can think of
can't find the key - can't break the lock
i've talked to the trapped hiker and think i need to get him from the adit
any help would be appreciated