Acrobat Nag

MacNEO

Dirty Mac Monkey
Can you turn off the nag question Acrobat 8 keeps asking to be the default pdf viewer every time it is launched?

Can you post a screenshot of the nag dialog box?

If I remember, simply clicking "no" turned it off for me and it never came back.

So... about that screenshot... is that a "no," you won't post one?

Also, are you running under an administrator account when you're presented that dialog box, or another type of account?

Default application is not the same as default viewer problem the OP had, but ...
That setting should also be in Acrobat preferences...

Does that window come back if you choose Yes instead of No?

I'd imagine this is happening through your web browser when you download pdfs. Just update your browser to not open .pdf files automatically and you shouldn't get this message, I think.

Default application is not the same as default viewer problem the OP had, but ...
That setting should also be in Acrobat preferences...

Does that window come back if you choose Yes instead of No?

No, at least until change the default application for pdf files back to, say, Preview.

I'd imagine this is happening through your web browser when you download pdfs. Just update your browser to not open .pdf files automatically and you shouldn't get this message, I think.

It has nothing to do with browsers, since this happens even when I simply open Acrobat from anywhere without any files.

Did you check the setting in Acrobat to make sure that's selected as the default for opening .pdf files?
OR, do you NOT want PDFs to open in Acrobat by default?

You have to tell your mac to open pdfs with something or it will ask you every time. If not Acrobat, then command + i on a pdf and choose Preview as your pdf opener of choice.

DeltaMac: I want (just like the OP, I think) Acrobat to remember that I don't want it to be the default pdf application. Telling OS X that I want preview works alright, just as Natobasso said.

The problem is that Acrobat keeps on asking to be the default (only when I open it manually of course, but that still happens from time to time).

Back