ADSL: Router & browser jamming.

Mowgli

Registered
Only one week ago since I went onto ADSL from dial up. I use either Camino or Firefox for browsing. My problem is that if I browse large site, my connection and browser lock up.

My router is an 'Amper Monopuerto' from Telefónica in Spain, which automatically configured my internet settings. Unfortunately, this is my first experience with ADSL, consequently I am completely green and in the dark. I do have a one month technical support with Telefónica, but with my not-so-good spanish and their not-so-good english I thought that I would ask your advice first.

When everything locks up, I usually reboot both my router and my computer, which gives me a clean start.

What do you mean by "large site?" And what do you mean by "lock up?" Does the entire computer become unresponsive, or just the browser you're using? Does the mouse pointer still move, or does it freeze?

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your response. I apologise, I have been away for 3 days.
One of the sites that I frequent is
http://www.costafreetv.com/
Which has videos on it.
When I go on this site, eventually my Firefox browser becomes unresponsive. Even if I then go onto Camino I find it still unresponsive. No, the mouse doen't freeze, just any internet activity.
I'm sorry, but I don't know where to begin.

Flip4Mac WMV Advanced.component
DivX Decoder.component
Flip4Mac WMV Advanced.component
Flip4Mac WMV Export.component
XVIDDelegate.component
DivX decoder

Get rid of the those DiVX files and just use the free Perian plugin. I say this because IMHO DiVX SUCKS!!! That plugin cause problems with EVERY OS X update and has to be updated every simple point OS X or QuickTime upgrade.

Back