Airport Express and Airport Extreme problem...

hyn

Registered
Hi,

I just bought an Apple Airport Express and Airport Extreme card for my windows laptop and G5 Mac. I put the Extreme card in my G5 no problem, I've had no problems with my cable internet service before. But with my wireless setup, I get intermittent disconnects and overall poor network performance. Signal is weak, even though my G5 and my AP Express is--get this-- only 2 feet away! There are no walls or any physical interference between them. It seems that my windows laptop also shares this problem, which sort of proves that my AP Extreme installation is fine. AFAIC, I set up my AP Express properly using the latest Setup Assistant application. Using Interference Robustness doesn't help.

Is my AP Express defective, or could it be some kind of radio interference? How can I solve this problem? I live in an apartment, in case that matters.. I can see other networks (usually 1 other), could that be it?

Yeah having the same problem with mine but it may be a G5 issue as my ibook works great ,i posted this today "I recently had to send back my imac G5 for repair as it fell under the batch of imacs with a video ram problem.
It was repaired by the authorized mac company I bought it from and the logic board replaced.
It has now been back for two days and have realised my internet connection on a 3 meg line has a speed test of 400kbps on download. My internet connection is fine as my old ibook G3 has a speed test of 2500 kbps.
Pluging in to the ethernet directly brings my speed back up to where it should be so I replaced the airport extreme card but am getting the same results."

Back