Aliens are real!

g/re/p & co.

How do I make my avatar by the way? Each time I try the images from my files, small as they are, are not accepted.

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 50 by 50 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

You will need to use an application like Photoshop or Graphic Converter to make the avatar file the proper size.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*I recently was unable to change to a different avatar - even after converting several different choices to the proper size. Not sure what is going on, but i eventually just gave up....

Last edited:
Thanks g/re/p

Still haven't been able to convert old apps. (like photoshop) G350 to leopard imac. I'm working on it. Merci encore.

I think Graphic Converter is included with OS X, but it may have been Tiger and not Leopard that had it.

ChocoFlop will do it ...

I too am avatarless due to the "Unable to save image" error I received when trying to upload a new 50 X 50 X 4kb png ...

I remember having to download Graphic Converter for Tiger so not sure when or if it was ever bundled ...

ChocoFlop sounds very NEW. There ARE pros and cons. I'll skip avatar "unable to save image" for the moment as well. Cheers all.

Anybody know about Split & Concat?

Out of interest, what file types are you using when trying to create an avatar (e.g. GIF, JPEG, PNG, etc.)?

bbloke,

JPEG. Now, how do I reduce to 50x50 an image. I'm on leopard imac now by the way. In fact this is all new to me since my old and loyal G350 Blue. Night & day. Cheers.

I've tried both png & jpg ...
Hmm, I'd certainly expect a JPEG to work. You did have a working avatar for some time. Have you tried uploading that very same file again? If it doesn't work, I'd expect the problem to be site-related. If it does work, then we can look at how you are creating the avatar in the first place.

bbloke,

JPEG. Now, how do I reduce to 50x50 an image. I'm on leopard imac now by the way. In fact this is all new to me since my old and loyal G350 Blue. Night & day. Cheers.
You will need a graphics program, such as GraphicConverter or Photoshop. If something like this is not available, you could send me a file and I'm happy to do it for you.

I also see there is a thread in the Site Discussion area, and Cheryl has passed on a message (no doubt to ScottW).

Sorry for hijacking the Aliens are real! thread ... back on topic now ...

I don't believe in Aliens flying around in spacecraft ... I do believe we share the planet with Aliens and to them we fit the profile ....

sorry to be getting back so late bbloke. I hope this image comes through. Cyber-dunce reed

Attachments

• vixen-i  2.jpg
    vixen-i 2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
No problem, reed. See what you think of the following: two square ones (i.e. 50x50 pixels, cropped with slightly different positions) and one rectangular one (50x37 pixels), which includes the entirety of the original image.

(Right-click/control-click on an image and then choose to save it, or simply drag an image to the Desktop.)

Attachments

• reed3_GC.jpg
    reed3_GC.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 16
  • reed2_GC.jpg
    reed2_GC.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 16
  • reed1_GC.jpg
    reed1_GC.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 16
Sorry to be getting back to you so late bbloke. Many, many thanks for your efforts. Really nice. All is on the desktop. I'll try my best for the avatar. Vaste programme.

"Your a bigger man then I, Ghunga Din."

Back