Any ipod car holder for 3g ipods? if not then help me!

THEMACER

Registered
I want to place my ipod in my car in a nice location without it having to be in my way. I have a 99 honda accord and the belikin car charger. I want to be able to place it in the car in a spot where i can change the songs within hands reach and only see the cable charging wire. Anyone have any ideas of what i can use if theres not one already for the ipod. Pics would be nice thanks.

Not exactly Apple news & rumors, but OK.

Here is a link to a popular setup using a holder form a company called Panavise. I got their catalog in the mail but have not yet done anything with it. The "vise" is really for cellphones, but it is adjustable, and can fit an ipod.

Note that the setup in this url is a gen2 ipod, but I think the vise would be able to take on the smaller ipod.

The way that it connects to your car is a mounting, also sold by Panavise, that is particular to your vehicle. They have ones that sit above the AC, next to the AC, and next to the radio. All you do is get the mounting that fits your car and connect the vise to that. You'll notice that the wire for sound out is hidden within a little conduit and comes out near the cigarette lighter. Not totally neat and tidy, but good enough in my opinion.

The remaining piece of the puzzle would be an adapter from your cd player's aux/cd changer input that is hidden in the guts of the dash. Unless of course you have an input directly on your stereo face.

Post again if you go through with the project and show us some photos!

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=936075

Edit: It's not a conduit, it's the curley cord from the car charger, wrapped around the blue sound cord. Still a sweet setup.

Thanks a bunch man. Does panavise have a web site i can check out, so that i can get the one specifically for my car.

Volkswagen has a nice iPod holder. No, wait, that one comes with a car! It's an option, nevertheless! (Maybe you can purchase the mount without the car)

I checked there alread. They actually had a pretty good idea on mounting it but i want to try something diffrent.

Well i think im going to go with panavise, thanks dave. My total came out to 52 bucks which includes the stereo mount and vise. I havent ordered it yet tho, i prob will in a week. I will deff post some pics when im done. Kinda expensive but ill do it for my ipod.

I've seen iPod holders for sale on the net that fit into cupholders, but I can't find them again... When I do, I'm ordering one, I'll let everyone know how it works.

MP

I saw one of those on ebay yesterday, i didnt like them because mt cup holders are facing away from me so it wouldnt be good. I also have cup holder covers so that would have to stay open all the time which is annoying.

Thanks a bunch randman, but the cupholders on my car have a door to them. Now instead of the door opening towards the passanger side it open towards the drive side so if i buy the cupholder stand the door would be block some of my view of the ipod, plus i would have to look down to change songs which is not good when driving. Now the ipodlounge one is just to much for me, that would annoy the crap out of the passanger if there big. thanks again tho randman, ima stick with the panavise one. By the way do you know where i can get the protective film for my ipod?

Well first off, velcro on an ipod is like Ben and J Lo. Goin out of style fast. I think the guys on Queer Eye would have a field day...

Secondly, I am trying to find more info on the VW package. If you watch that commercial (have seen it more and more recently), the holder for the pod is really sweet. Much better than an adjustable cell phone bracket. Not saying panavise wouldn't work, and would probably be cheaper, but for full vid boi points you may want to wait to see if that kit gets sold oem.

Altho the ipod stand look nice, its a cup holder stand which i dont want so right now panavise it all i got.

Back