Apple Can KISS MY ......!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the emac is just an original imac on steroids. i think its one of the designs jonathan ives submitted to jobs that was rejected for the new imac.

as for education only. perhaps that was apple's original idea when releasing it with just cdrom (and i think no modem) but the education market didnt bite so they made it available for everyone 3 weeks after their initial announcement.

theres no reason to suggest the emac was never intended for the general market. its has the exact same function as the original imac. its just more powerful with a bigger CRT and a different shell.

for $999 i think its a great value.

Originally posted by kendall
original iMac... $799. iBook... $999. the beat down you receive after trolling on macosx.com... priceless.

there are somethings money cant buy.. for everything else theres mastercard. :D

LOL, that should be in the hall of fame for responses.

my understanding about the emac was that it was released to the general public because so many of the general public requested that it be. The fact is, some people really like the emac. ask themacko, i'm pretty sure he's still thrilled with his. after spending close to 3 years with an original imac, i think i'd have to go with the new imac if i were to upgrade, just for a more radical change in style. but hey, i still love my imac, so i'm not replacing anytime soon.

eMac= economyMac. well i'm not sure that was the original plan, but it fits into apples history. you know with the LC (low Cost). It got all the iMac have, but without the expensive flat screen the price could be reduced. I Love It!

Well, I also think Apple should have made the entry into the iMac world CHEAPER instead of more expensive. You _do_ get the Pro speakers with the 'low end', though. But a mere 100 MHz advance... They _could_ have included a 867 MHz processor, wouldn't have hurt the 1 GHz' sales much, I believe.

But after all, I still think an iBook is a very, very good deal for 999 USD, don't you?

I have to agree with you there fryke. I love my G4, but at some point after i find some schmuck to give me a job, i'm gonna have to look at getting something a bit newer, cus as great as it is, sometimes 400 mhz just doesnt cut it anymore. anyways. If i'm rich, i'll flexirent one of those wonderful powerbooks. if i'm not so rich, i'd probably buy a top-model iBook.

I think most of the disappointment and anger comes from wanting things you cannot get. Everyone wants to sit on the frist row for half the price, not double. When they discover they cannot, they complain. It's just human. You want more? You give more! You cannot get more for less, although you can get less for more (as the 12" PB proves ;) ).

BTW. I have the faint impression that this last update resulted in a price drop in Europe, possibly due to the position of the € vs. $... I've got to check ...

How blind are you people? Some how you've convinced yourselves that Apple is leading you down some imaginary Primrose Path. Only problem is that you're stepping in **** the whole way and can't even see it...thus blind!

The iMac line which use to be from $1099-$1999 is now $1299 - $2348.

That's $200 buck MORE on the low end and $348 MORE on the high end.

zippy - i think your insult to our intelligence is about all i'll put up with from you. i've just reviewed all 50 of your posts and as far as i can tell, you've never actually contributed anything worthwhile to this site. you seem to change your mind about what you want every few weeks and i'm completely lost as to what kind of computer you really own - or else you've got a slew of them. at any rate i think i can add up enough to say that this is a warning - keep up the trolling and insulting and you will soon be wearing the "banned" description.

my advice to you is to get a pc and a therapist, but not necessarily in that order.

Originally posted by zippygaloo
How blind are you people? Some how you've convinced yourselves that Apple is leading you down some imaginary Primrose Path. Only problem is that you're stepping in **** the whole way and can't even see it...thus blind!

The iMac line which use to be from $1099-$1999 is now $1299 - $2348.

That's $200 buck MORE on the low end and $348 MORE on the high end.

of course, the price increase comes with no updates whatsoever right? :rolleyes:

*kendall waves his hand* these aren't the trolls you're looking for, move along.

And one thing that no one mentioned, with the iMac you get a 17" LCD screen. So that puts the price of the base computer around $1000. And a super drive, what's that ... 2 or 3 hundred? Plus the software is top notch. The iMac is a great deal.

edX,

You're going to "ban" me for having an opinion?

How democratic!

People are allowed to have their opinions, in fact you pushed this post into the "Opinion: Reviews and Open Letters" category. People are allowed to change their minds too you know. Especially after learning important or missing details on a matter.

I own a Mac and a PC.

1. I'm not trolling, in fact this is my first "opinion" post. All other posts have been in search of knowledge on a particular issue.

2. I've never personally insulted anyone directly other than Apple....which is definitely justified. All other comments, especially ones that could be mistaken for insults, have been general comments to a broad group of people.

Have a nice day!

(insert.......)

Hmm, well, somewhere Zippy is right ... but a bit ... ehm ... "over-enthusiastic" in broadcasting his discontent ... ;)
We recntly saw a (relatively very cheap) 12" PB, price drops and updates on the PM line and an enormous price cut on the 23" display ... so seeing the iMacs being updated, a bit, without any price cuts at all can trigger this kind of response ... Apple did give rise to realistic expectations about features and price drops, which weren't met ... *shrug* ... alas ...

BTW. Zippy, you're not going to be banned eventually because of your opinion, but because of your way of expressing it. ;) There's a subtle difference in "Apple let me down" and "Apple can kiss my fuzzy butt" <-- :p (I did laugh at that ... :p )

I have to say shame on everyone. Zippy is just voicing his frustration that everyone of us has felt at one time or another. Cut some slack people. zippy, try the clearence areas of macmall and macwarehouse. You should be able to find the "older" models (even though you didn't want them I know) for about $100-$200 off the original $999 price. This announcement is very recent and the resellers will want to unload as many as the old ones before they have to liquidate them.

BTW. Zippy, you're not going to be banned eventually because of your opinion, but because of your way of expressing it. There's a subtle difference in "Apple let me down" and "Apple can kiss my fuzzy butt"

amazing that Cat can see it and you don't zippy. there is also a difference between "i disagree and here's why...." and "How blind are you people? ......Only problem is that you're stepping in **** the whole way and can't even see it...thus blind!"

when you decided to question our senses/intelligence, you stepped over the line. you insulted every one else in this thread who has disagreed with you.

oh yea, and for the record, this site is not a democracy - it's a private site with rules that you agreed to when you signed up. membership here is a priviledge, not a right.

Zippy was wrong about the specs. The low-end iMac at $1299 (U.S.) is actually closer to the earlier mid-range iMac in features. It has a combo drive (versus a CDRW drive in the previous low-end iMac), a 100 mHz speed bump and (as Fryke mentioned) the Pro Speakers.

I believe that the price of the earlier mid-range iMac was around $1500. So, that means the new one's about $200 less with incremental improvements. I would have expected GeForce4mx instead of 2, but oh well.

The 17" iMac is an even better deal. It has DDR RAM, a 4x Superdrive (versus 2x), 64 mb graphics memory on the GeForce4mx (versus 32mb in the earlier one). The 1 GHz is nice, too!

And it costs $200 less at $1800. PC Mag awarded the original 5 out of 5 stars. That's one reason I bought one.

It's also a fact that Macs come with more and better reviewed software than most pc's do.

(I had a feeling Apple might position eMacs on the low-end and iMacs a bit higher up the mac chain.)

Doug

P.S. I still love my 17" flat panel iMac (the old one), but of course I'm envious of the new specs.

Hey zippygaloo

I mean this in a nice way. Why don't you do a little research on http://applepurchaseprogram.com/ and see what's up over there. And if you do buy one from them let us know.

But be careful it sounds to good to be true. But could be worth the research!

Twister

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back