Apple event September 5th confirmed

ha, they said the new colors are cool, there the ugliest colors ever, I liked the old ones.

I think it's time to start looking for a hard drive upgrade when an iPod has three times more hard drive space than my computer.

Coincidence?

picture3hj7.png

picture4tc9.png

- No email. It has a full browser but no email? wtf
- No notes application...again, wtf? The iPod is not powerful enough for notes?
- no maps. Not a huge issue for me, but again, if it has wifi there is no good reason for this.

I'm not a fan of artificially crippling features just so they can sell more iPhones.

I doubt they've intentionally crippled these features, just that they aren't ready at the time of the announcement. I assume since all the developers were pressing so hard to get iPhone out on schedule, they haven't been able to allocate time until now to handle the iPod Touch versions of these programs. At least thats what I hope. :confused:

I doubt they've intentionally crippled these features, just that they aren't ready at the time of the announcement. I assume since all the developers were pressing so hard to get iPhone out on schedule, they haven't been able to allocate time until now to handle the iPod Touch versions of these programs. At least thats what I hope. :confused:

hmmm, maybe. that main menu sure did look bare. Still, the iPod and iPhone are running off the samesoftwrae and largely the same hardware, I don't see why it would be such a task to make an iPod version of email and notes.

@icemanjc
yeah I agree those colours weren't the best choices. no pink?! are they crazy! I know at least 2 people who base all electronic purchase decisions on whether or not it is available in pink (see my earlier post regarding my sister switching to PCs just because Dell sell them in pink).

hmmm, maybe. that main menu sure did look bare. Still, the iPod and iPhone are running off the samesoftwrae and largely the same hardware, I don't see why it would be such a task to make an iPod version of email and notes.

@icemanjc
yeah I agree those colours weren't the best choices. no pink?! are they crazy! I know at least 2 people who base all electronic purchase decisions on whether or not it is available in pink (see my earlier post regarding my sister switching to PCs just because Dell sell them in pink).

Thank-goodness for Product Red, it allows the ipod nano to have at least one real color.

Back