Apple Releases 10.5.8 Update

What exactly seems sluggish? Works just as fine as 10.5.7 did on my Mac mini and my iMac. The MacBook Air is next. ;)

fryke, I've heard of numerous issues with the 10.5.6 and 10.5.7 updates, but they didn't happen to everyone. I'm hoping 10.5.8 is the best of the three, then I'll download it. ;)

After 1st few minutes, all seems well now. The 1st several minutes after restart was slow, and that's when I posted. No problems now.

Maybe 10.5.8 needed to feel at home before it kicked into full speed! :)

Well it became faster to me when after the restart I manually restarted again. This sped up the startup/shutdown process also.

One quick question. I noticed that now when my Time Capsule and connected USB drive (connected to the Time Capsule - to store things) now mount at startup and automatically open a initial Finder window for each of the networked drives now after the 10.5.8 Combo update. Anyone know how I can stop the initial Finder Window open from opening on connected networked drives?

i wonder why i didn't get a notification of this new software updates.. thanks for posting... em updating mine...

fryke, I've heard of numerous issues with the 10.5.6 and 10.5.7 updates, but they didn't happen to everyone. I'm hoping 10.5.8 is the best of the three, then I'll download it. ;)

Ah yes, the famous "I've heard" conspiracy theory. Do a little investigating please. Try Google or the Apple user discussions forums and discover that every single OS X update ever released, from 10.0.0 to 10.5.8 has been declared to be defective, untested, a complete disaster, and to be avoided at all costs. It's the only reason the clueless can come up with when they have problems and don't understand what's going on. ::sleepy::

Yep, odd. I got the update thingy on my dock on my iMac, but not on my MB. Seems to work the same as the others, I haven't noticed anything different - good or bad.

Back