Apple sightings on TV and movies?

Originally posted by scaryfish
<embarassed>erm... Digimon.
On season 1 Izzy had an iBook (OK, it wasn't exactly an Apple - it had a Pineapple on the back)

I'm glad you caught that one...not many people knew I was using the new iBook prototype, good eye ;)

And speaking of iBooks, if you own the Jerry Maguire special edition DVD you'll see iBooks all over the menus in the background. :D

the royal tanenbaums... (good stuff, btw...)

a whole buncha cubes mixed with a whole buncha older computers... not sure what they are, but they're not apples... either way, it adds to the timeless feel the movie portrays...

I was watching a movie on UPN today, it was with dan aykroys about some stock market thing, and the in a scene were people were reading financial newspapers an apple ad was in the back of one :D

It got considerable screen time too!

;) With all these sightings one would think that more people owned Macs. It's a sad thing that Microsoft is dominant in this area... :(

Sorry... too lazy to search... if it pops up near the top of the forums then I'll contribute... if not I might not search until I need to figure out how to fix something - and miss it anyway... :D

Just have to add...
Independance day had a powerbook XXXX or something.
Clockstoppers has Macs all over the place, namely cinema displays...

Felicity... iMac, G4 quicksilver and ti powerbooks
Jurassic Park (UNIX on a mac... remember everyone?)

Dont forget Mission Impossible 1 :p
They used macs in that. Notably powerbooks, and the CIA mainframe had a MacOS kind of interface ;)

In "Angel" (Buffy Spinoff) they have a graphite iBook.
Strangly, they covered the Apple on top with a post it...

In the Tom Cruise flick The Firm you can see him searching the company's networks on a Mac LC, and you can hear floppy disk access in the background. Oh brother. Some exec probably said, "It doesn't sound like a computer. Add that clunky noise that mine makes."

-Rob

how are we forgetting HACKERS!?!? joey uses a mac to hack the "garbage file" on the gibson... if i recall, he has an apple external floppy drive, too... nice..

Seinfeld also had a duo at one point (laptop that you plug into a slot and it turns into a desktop).

Office Space uses macs, but puts fake DOS and windows screens on them (the movie is about how much corporate life sucks...dont want macs to be tarnished there). The office space dvd starts with an os 7-9ish gui that actually looks like you've got a mac tied to your tv.

Oh and one sex and the city her 'book breaks and she takes it in. They have an awesome scene where this tech with a cube and 22" cinema display help her out, and bash her boyfriend for messing with it. He knew pc's, and this was NOT a pc.

and the Ultimate:

Star Trek IV
Kirk and pals go back in time for whales. Scotty and Sulu go to some engineers to get supplies. Scotty gets on a Classic and picks up the mouse..."Computer?"...."Hello Computer".
If they only knew.

although the computer was a pc with win 3.1, remember
in true lies when arnold was doing some snooping around?

the computer started with a mac os start up :)

The President's daughter has an iBook on her bed, and Carmen is using a TiBook in a padded steelcase on the Island of Dreams. I could not see the screen on either computer.

In Austin Powers in Goldmember, Austin uses the newer Powerbooks running OS9 and Goldmember's time machine includes an Apple Pro Keyboard.

An iMac can be seen in Road Trip

in the comic ZITS, Jeremy has a computer that looks almost like an iMac.

There are a few iMacs and I think a cube in Jay and Silent Bob Srike Back. I think they are running OS 9

Back