Apple sightings on TV and movies?

I believe the Hugh Grant character in "about a boy" had a graphite mac (i'm not sure if only the flat display was showed, or if there was a cube or tower lurking in the background.

Kate and Leopold (SP?) Not only are pretty much all the computers mac, but it is even used in the dialogue. For instance, when trying to explain to kate who leopold is, her old boyfriend says he is a friend who just got back from a Mac Expo and had too much to drink. And later, when kate actually meets the guy for the first time, she says something like: "so, expo boy, how much RAM would I need to run Mac os 9.6 on a PowerBook G5?" :D Ok, so that was probably more information than you guy's needed, but I found it cool. :)

I've never seen an Apple commercial on tv. Only on posters (new iMac) and 3 days ago i saw i man skating on the street and he wore an Apple T-shirt :D . But that really is

Recently: 24 (The senators wife uses an iBook).

The most memorable one, though, was the episode of Buffy where she went into the lair of the geeks, and they had 6- count 'em - 6 cinema displays on the bench. Then, the building was destroyed by giant circular saws. :D

...Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, too! :D

Is it me or some folks over at Hollywood REALLY love apples? ;)

hmm, i don't remember if anyone has mentioned this one, but since austin powers has been repeated about 10 times, i won't feel bad if somebody has mentioned "Don't Say a Word".

Michael Douglas's wife is laid up in bed with a cast and has her powerbook (i think) to keep her company. I didn't pay that much attention to what the bad guys were using with their multi display setup, but i assume they were pc's. after all, they were the bad guys. :D

The season opener of Drew Carey!! a new internet company has taken over the building that Drew used to work in. It is filled with new imacs and i think a few power macs with flat panel displays. i expect this will last for several episodes at least!! :D

On one of the trading spaces celebrity episodes, one of the dixie chicks has a g4 tower w/flat screen in the room that they redo.
Don't know what TS is? go to TLC.com

Well, I was going to say two but I remembered that someone else before mentioned the one of two movies that I saw in the past few days:
-Cate & Leopold

So the other new movie which has Apple stuff in, is:
-Serendipity

I think I spelled it correctly but If I'm not, excuse me ;)

how about this one...

its a silly show with bad acting, but the new show on FOX called
Fastlane with Tiffani Thiessen has an iMac with pro speakers.

Also there is a new mastercard commercial where
a lady is in her house with a dog with a twister approaching.
meanwhile she's doing online shopping with a Ti powerbook.

in the new movie with Taye Diggs and Sanaa Nathan (sp?), the
female protagonist Sidney uses a TiPowerbook. Also some
exec at a radio station also had a G4 with a studio display
at her desk.

Also, in All My Children (dont ask), they have iMacs featured
too

Originally posted by Ricky
Here are the ones I've seen:

Dark Angel: I forget the guy's name, but he's the guy that does "Eyes Only" and he uses a G4 Cube with a flatscreen and a bogus interface. Most likely Kaleidoscope's doing. ;)

Drew Carey: At Winfred Louder (sp?) he uses a G4 Cube with a flatscreen and OS X in the later episodes of the series. Mimi is always seen with a teal or purple iMac, and on a couple epdisodes Drew has been seen with a tangerine iBook.

Bernie Mac: Flower power iMac seen in the corner of the teen girl's room.

Malcolm in the Middle: There's a Ruby iMac on a few shots.

Post your sightings here! :D

"The Mind of the Married Man": Ti Books.

Back