Apple sightings on TV and movies?

Oh my word has anyone seen Final Destination 2 (sorry us Brits get later releases) the MOST blatent of product placement I have ever seen. Worse than bond.

I know Minority Report was the most obvious but it was part of the world that was being explained, sort of not blatent. But this jst took the biscuit.

A guy has just bought himself a big box home, oh it's got a whopping great apple logo onthe side. Cue 90 degree turn oh it's an iMac!!! For about 4 hours in shot. And a few hours later a girl is using her PowerBook and all we see is the back of it with a lovely glowing Apple logo!

This is going too far!

The movie Swimfan has macs
Dark Angel also had a Ti Book
Lizzie McGuire on the disney channel has iMacs at that cyber cafe.
Carrie on Sex and the City writes on first gen G3 PowerBook.
There is a PowerBook in the movie What Women Want
Thats So Raven on fhte disney channel has first and second gen iBooks
i know theres more but....
Oh, heres whats funny
I was at target, and i saw a bluetooth kit, it just came with two bluetooth USB modules to make two laptops or computers talk to each other. On the box there was a picture of a guy and a girl, the guy had a Pismo and the girl had a second gen 12in iBook. The box said that the bluetooth software and hardware would only work with computers running windows. WTF?!?!?!?

i'm pretty sure last night's episode of Stargate - SG1 had a 17" powerbook in the fire engine scene. i never saw the backside or the screen contents so i couldn't say for sure.

The movie How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days is loaded with new iMacs, dont ask me how i know :) went to see it with my woman .. but kate hudson works for a magazine and all through the company are iMacs...

i dont watch it normally, but I had
seen a tiBook in Smallville, with the episode with Christopher Reeve.

I was watching one of my DVDs the other day starring Jim Carrey and Mathew Broderick:

-The Cable Guy

Although, I have seen it MANY times it was the first time that I noticed :rolleyes: that the people at Mathew Broderick's company actually use Macs! :D

Great movie with great computers ;)

Heres a screenshot of an iBook in '24', its from the second episode of the second season. Theres probably 12 more frames I could have grabbed, but I liked this one.

... just watching the Powerbook on What Women Want. :p

oh, and an iMac in the library always in that movie.

Originally posted by malexgreen
Ti Powerbook seen in the movie Brown Sugar, at least three times.

i mentioned that one i think :)

actually i saw on scrubs a 17" iMac on Dr. Kelso's desk
last night.

wow! there are a lot of posts here, so I will just throw this in maybe someone mentioned it already. I just saw Bringing Down the House, Steve Martin uses a Powerbook :)

-Perseus

The Recruit has some nice Macs in it, but it's peecees that are hacked. But Dell gets some face time as well.

Originally posted by Perseus
I just saw Bringing Down the House, Steve Martin uses a Powerbook :)
With OS X, which is atypical of most Mac sightings these days, even when the OS has been out for over two years now. :)

It's brief but there. In DreamCatcher, Jonesy (Damien Lewis) is talking about his mental warehouse. He's moving boxes with files around and saying how he trashed the memory of most song lyrics after he got his laptop. He then moves a box back up on the shelf and it reads "Apple G3 laptop" in magic marker on the cardboard box.

The Simpsons use Macs too!!!
lots of chapters show macs... the last I've seen is when they went a cyvercafe and is full of iMacs...
I'd like one cyberbercafe like these near my house : )
and Nelson uses a Newton in a chapter...

Back