Applescript for contents of package?

shamusom

Registered
Does anyone know how to list the entire contents of an app package with applescript:

If I do the following:

set d to entire contents of the_alias

it works for folders, but not for os x app packages. Any ideas on how to do this?

:(

I read this earlier and did some digging. I believe that it can be done without too much scripting. However I am not a AS person, so I cannot tell you how.

As far as I know, everything in the Finder is scriptable, including all menus, popups, contentuals etc.

Have you tried digging around on some of the Apple Script sites such as scriptbuilders.net?

Xcode is much more powerful than AS, so if it cant be done with AS, I am pretty sure it can with Xcode.

XCode isn't going to do anything for you unless you know how to program in one of several languages (C, Objective-C, Java, C++, etc.). XCode by itself does nothing -- it's like PhotoShop without a single image to use with it.

I was under the impression that AppleScript can be easily moved to Xcode and then enhanced, so I was offering that up as a possible idea towards the end mentioned.

Oh, hmm, never thought of it that way... although in XCode, there's really no "magic button" you can press to generate AppleScript code you couldn't normally generate on your own. I'm still under the impression that if you don't know how program outside of XCode, then XCode isn't going to make you a better programmer...

Back