Are you a gamer?

Do you play any games on your mac?

• Yes, I play games

• No, not interested in gaming

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't know if I would classify myself as a gamer, but I do play games.

Mac OS:
Rainbow Six
Rogue Spear
Quake II
Quake III
F/A-18 Korea and Hornet
Elite Force
Unreal
Hellcats over the Pacific

Mac OS X:
Unreal Tournament
Cro-Mag Rally

Rhapsody:
Doom I & II

Irix:
Abuse
Flight

At least those are games that I played within the last couple months (I do have more, but I don't play them regularly).

Unreal Tournament for OS X works well?

OOOMG, Abuse, man I used to play the demo a long while ago, but it was definitely fun!!

in UT, are you in a clan?

like racerx, i play some games sometimes. i am definitly not a gamer.

mostly single player rpg
some solitaire

just got yahtzee for osx.

I used to play a lot of games, but now I don't so much. I like StarCraft & Brood War, Elite Force, both Escape Velocities (all Ambrosia games, for that matter, ESPECIALLY Deimos Rising), Beyond Dark Castle & Dark Castle, Crystal Quest (still works in OS X under Classic, btw :D ), Oni, Gridz, SimCity, Galapagos, Myst and Myst III (Riven kinda sucked), all 3 Descents (I wish they were Mac OS X native), Cro-Mag Rally, Loony Labyrinth, Glider Pro, and a bunch of other little games. Even though this list is hella long, I actually rarely play them.

Two games that I am looking forward to, though, are realMyst (it pisses me off that it's been on the PC for over a year when the original Myst was made on a Mac) and EV Nova. Oh, yeah, and PopPop.

There is one game that I will miss, because it's not being developed anymore (it was close to beta at one point, but then the developer couldn't finish). That game is Ragnarok. If you guys have ever played Avara from Ambrosia Software, Ragnarok was basically going to be a 3D Avara, complete with terrains and awesome graphics. I was SOOOO looking forward to that game, and then Ambrosia axed it. :( :( :(

I kinda stopped playing games when I pulled out the voodoo 2 card in my powermac and installed OS X on it :p

Games I sometimes play (maybe 1 hour per day, not more)

MacOS X:
Quake 1
Quake 2
Quake 3
Oni
Alien vs. Predator
Monkey Island 1
Monkey Island 2
Monkey Island 4
MacOS 9:
Deus Ex
Alice

Windows2K:
Return to Castle Wolfenstein (until it is ported)
Alien vs. Predator 2 (until it is ported)
MoH: Allied Assault (won't get ported :( )

Recently I have been playing alot of Spiderman (not bad), the demo of Return To Wolfenstein (the sweetest game!), AOE2 (first one seems better) and Tony Hawk 2.

I only own one mac game, and that's Quake3Arena, but I got tired of it. I almost never play games nowadays. Played a lot of PS before, though.
SO I guess I'm not a gamer then:p

I have a graduate in informatics and I don't believe hypocrites. Corporate computers are plenty with games. OK... It's not a Playstation.

I've been mostly playing Unreal Tournament in OS X. I think the game that I've been most impressed with was Deus Ex, but I haven't played it since getting the public beta of OS X. On comp.sys.mac.games.action, Glenda Adams has mentioned there's a very small chance of taking the carbonization work she's been doing in her free time for Unreal Tournament and carbonizing Deus Ex. Since she's doing it all in her spare time, I'm not holding my breath, and frankly am already very impressed by her work on UT.

Oh, yeah, and having a MacOS X native Escape Velocity game is going to be sweet.

Originally posted by Red Phoenix
Oh, yeah, and having a MacOS X native Escape Velocity game is going to be sweet.

yes! YES! Ah, it'll be SO cool! :D
I hope it doesn't require a graphics accelerator, then I'm dead ;)

I used to play Avara at school on the old PowerPC 120mhz! :p

I look forward to try EV: Nova but I got bored pretty fast of Override!!
I prefer more complete games like Unreal Tournament, Tony Hawk 2, Summoner, etc.

lol....
I only have time to play games in teh summer, at teh moment too much work and school work to play games :)

Marathon is one of the greatest games ever made. Along with Marathon, Myth 1 - 3, and all of its plugins, patches, etc. Too bad they had to go and be bought by M$, that made me lose interest.

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
lol....
I only have time to play games in teh summer, at teh moment too much work and school work to play games :)

Yah, same here, but in the summer I have a lot of projects and stuff going on, so I don't have time then, either :p
I haven't touched a game in several weeks now. Anything wrong with me? ;)
I really hope EV Nova will get finished before easter, then I can sit the whole weekend playing it :D
BTW, the first EV is a lot better than Override.

I don't play games like crazy, but I do play:
Some TacOps-UT Mod
Sacrifice - My new favorite, too bad it sucks in OS X
Airburst - FUUUN!
Myst III
BG2
Oni
Avara

That's about it right now, too bad Avara doesn't work in Classic, and Oni crashes like crazy. oh well, I find myself having to boot into 9 more and more often just for games :(
I'm with simX on Ragnorok also :) It looked very cool, and way before UT or Q3

Back