are you one of MAC happy users?

azrad

Not-so-junior Member
ok...

i dunno if anyone has post this topic... just out of curiosity...

i was always a PC users last time... on middle of 2001, i get my own MAC, it is the ibook 366 special edition... and still own it...

the good thing about my MAC machine, is that it is technical free problems... i never reformatted my MAC since i bought it... but on the other hands, i have to reformatted my PC every 6/7 months.

but, one thing that prevent me from using my MAC is that, i'm a web developer that concentrate on ASP and PHP scripting language using MS Access or MySQL as my database.

luckily, there is a programme called, Virtual PC. since my ibook runs at 320 MB, i have no problems running Windows 2000 on my ibook (.. abit slow, but atleast i still can do work...)

then, Apple has invested in Unix-based OS. everytyhing change now... i get the OS X CD, and reinstall the new OS. since then, i have not using my PC for my works as now most of my works are based on PHP programming... and my MAC machine now support these features...

So, i'm proudly says that I'M ONE OF MAC HAPPY USERS!

Thanks Apple !!!

Absolutely! The iBook SE was my first Mac too and my GF is now using it with OS X to write her thesis in LaTeX. A wonderful machine: I :) it!

So, me too, i'm proudly says that I'M ONE OF MAC HAPPY USERS! :D Yeah!

Shiny and Happy here too! Although, my job requires me to fix every single day Wintels/Amds AND Macs (not much fixing actually, only teaching :p) when I sit infront of Macs my mind relaxes and my heart fills with joy! :D

Long live the Apple! :)

I had some trouble recently with a kernel panic, my first, on my IceBook. I went back to my trusty graphite clamshell (366 mhz, 384 ram) for a few days and it was a lifesaver. Other than needing a new battery, it still can do the job.
I'm about to sell the IceBook to get a PB (hopefully new ones will be announced in a couple of weeks), but I'll be using my clamshell until then. I could sell it and recoup some of the cost of the the PB, but I like having a little extra security.
And it still is catchy with it's built-in handle.

I'm one of those happy ones too! Using Windows is like *beeep* with prostitute, you never know what virus or disease you get next .. ;) Nive avatar, azrad :)

I can't even stand windows.... I get on a PC and stumble around until I get adjusted to the UI, and then every application I open I get this odd feeling because it's like my environment just changed completely... Thank god for the aqua human interface guidelines. I'm learning to love the brushed metal look too -- it's a good thing apple phased it in over about five years...

I am a very happy MAC user. In the early 80's I learned computing on an apple IIe. I got into the windows world in the late 80's and was stuck there until one year ago when I purchased a Mac. I have never had a system crash and the only application that has ever crashed on me is Microsoft's Entourage (go figure). For me, the Mac is a far better machine. (Since buying my Mac two of my co-workers have seen how great they are and have purchased macs of their own):D

First off, please write Mac, not MAC. It's not an ancronym like PC is to Personal Computer, it's just short for Macintosh. MAC is something completely different...

I really like using Mac, and I prefer the OS to Windows any day of the week.
I prefer using both computers, but if it comes down to a choice, the Mac is my computer of choice...

I've always used Macs, and I always will. They are a wonderful machine.

I always smile when my friends, who are always mac-bashing, say that they had to reformat their hard drive and reinstall Windows... I'm thinking, "Hmm, I only had to do that once after several years of built-up corruption."

I'm a very happy Mac user at home and a fed up PC user at work.

I'm trying to convince my boss to buy me a G5 to work with! (hey - I'm worth it!)

At the current rate I'm working, I probably won't be able to afford a G5 for a whole year. :( And that doesn't even count extra costs, like insurance and savings and anything else I might want to buy. :mad: But I might be able to cut a deal with my parents on a second-hand G5 at some point, pay half-and-half. :phew: <—This should make a smiley. :rolleyes:

ehehehe...

really love to see others happy Mac (thanks voice-) users...

well, at work i'm surrounding by PC users. one of them saying that my G3 is a hype... well what do you, last 2 weeks, they have been used my so-called 'Hype' machine to do the presentation since the script i'm working only works on Unix-based machine.

HAHAHA... who's laughing now...

thankx Giaguara, i got the avatar from an online forum... :)

I was PC user for years, but as a Graphic Designer I always whised a Mac...
finally, on March - 12 - 2001 I bought a preowned G4 350 PCI Graphics...
AND I LOVE IT!!!!
In my country (argentina) is not easy buy a Mac... so not much people have one... But who has one, loves it a lot!!!

so..., i'm proudly says that I'M ONE OF MAC HAPPY USERS!

[yes, I konw... I've to learn english : ) ]

Just to let you all know it's a Mac is short for Macintosh. MAC is Media Access Control. Like a MAC address.

Originally posted by Giaguara
I'm one of those happy ones too! Using Windows is like *beeep* with prostitute, you never know what virus or disease you get next .. ;) Nive avatar, azrad :)

thats why we use protection ;)

well, i guess we have not much happy Mac users out there...

ermm... how about happy Mac developers... ehehehe...

i'm too lazy to start a new thread...

so... Panther is already in my computer... and i'm happy to say that i'm still a happy Mac user... even better...

Back