Arrived early

I went home and got mine from my complex's office on my lunch break. I had to go by anyway, but damn I'm such a Mac nerd, makes no sense. Drive from midtown Atlanta all the way home for that, and didn't even eat lunch after all my errands.

when and where did you lucky bums order yours? I am very ticked at Apple right now. I ordered direct on the 14th and mine has still not shipped! They promised if you order it before the 26th you would have it by the 29th, what a load of BS. Now I am stuck and won't get it till Monday or Tuesday. Can you say class action lawsuit!

Regards,

NeoX

Heh... if you manage to get a class action lawsuit over a delayed shipment, I'll eat my hat!

Just to rub salt in the wounds of those who haven't gotten it yet, I got mine today... :D Boy, is it an improvement. I love the new Mail 2.0 -- that's gotta be number one on my list of "Biggest Tiger Achievements".

More of a joke really, I realize that likely there is nothing to be done about it. But if enough people squawk, surely Apple should offer something. I mean this is turning out to be a big debacle. And you can't say it is because they ran out of stock, because the store always showed, right up till the 26th, that it would arrive on the 29th. They never sent out any sorry emails, they just plain blew it.

The thing is that a few people got theirs last thursday, and most of the retail locations already received their shipments.

Very annoyed... It's the first and last time I have ordered an OS X upgrade direct from Apple. I always just go buy it the day of the release... Oh well, live and learn...

This may be stretching a little, but perhaps the recent TigerDirect lawsuit is screwing with shipping dates... or not.

It actually runs decently well on my old-ass computer. Better than Panther, so I can't complain! Of course, this computer has left something to be desired since Mac OS X 10.0 (OS 9 runs like lightning on this thing, though). I think I've pretty much maxed it out with all the hard drives and video cards and ATA bus upgrades, but I plan on doing one final upgrade before I decide to get a new (or another) machine -- a brand spankin' new ATi Radeon 9200 PCI 128MB.

A word of warning for those with large drives and lots of data: Spotlight will index any other internal drive you have initally as well as the boot drive and put invisible Spotlight files on them. I wondered why Spotlight was taking so long to index, as I reinstalled twice today (just messing around) -- the first ever install went slow as hell, but on subsequent installs, Spotlight was finished indexing by the time I had iLife installed.

Sorry to hear yours was delayed -- I meant no offense with my previous comment; I had a good inclination that you were just kidding around. I don't think you'll be disappointed when you finally do get it -- and it also wouldn't hurt to give Apple a ring about it, just to inquire what the holdup is.

You'll be thrilled when you finally do get it, though!

I just talked to Apple - and fedex. My order, placed 4/12 (!!) is now scheduled to be delivered May 2!!

The Apple rep told me that Fedex is under contract to deliver all those copies ordered before 4/26 by 4/29, absolutely NO exceptions or excuses. It won't get me my software any faster, but she told me that (never mind what Fedex's site says) if I don't have my order by tomorrow about 10pm, call Apple & let them know.

I said "I hope someone will raise hell if they blow it."
She said "Oh, believe me, we will."

So: if you don't have your copy in hand by tomorrow, let Apple know. Tell em to chew Fedex's butt a good one for you.

brianleahy said:
So: if you don't have your copy in hand by tomorrow, let Apple know. Tell em to chew Fedex's butt a good one for you.
mine has decided to tour the country before arriving at my doorsetp (fyi, i live 45 minutes from Oakland, its third stop).

brianleahy said:
The Apple rep told me that Fedex is under contract to deliver all those copies ordered before 4/26 by 4/29, absolutely NO exceptions or excuses. It won't get me my software any faster, but she told me that (never mind what Fedex's site says) if I don't have my order by tomorrow about 10pm, call Apple & let them know.

Yeah the first rep told me that mine was shipping today or tomorrow and that I would see it Monday or Teus. I was like, WTH did you promise all these people they would have it for. Later in the evening I talked to another guy and even though my status still says Preparing shipment, he tells me that it shipped and I WILL get it tomorrow.

I think Apple somewhat blew it on this too, not just Fedex. Why wait until the day before to ship something 2-day air and then expect the shipper to still deliver it on time... This is a disaster waiting to happen and people will think twice about pre-ordering another OS update. I know I won't again, there are always plenty available on launch day at CompUSA and Apple Retail...

kramm said:
mine has decided to tour the country before arriving at my doorsetp (fyi, i live 45 minutes from Oakland, its third stop).

Hi,

Where exactly is Ontario? I live about 30 minutes east of Oakland... I think they told me that my copy was shipping via elk grove. The stupid thing is that they sent all of these local people their copies via 2 day air. 2day air is usually always 2 days because it gets thrown on a plane. However had they shipped via the cheaper Ground service, it would have been guaranteed the next day.

Boy someone really botched this deal up. Uncle Steve is going to be firing some people this week!

:rolleyes:

Glad your system runs it well, that is cool. I had a dual 450 up until a year ago.

I didnt take any offense, it's all good fun, no worries. It is irritating but I can laugh about how bad they botched up though right? hehe

;)

Hey but Apple just sent me the link to the online seminar. Ok all is forgiven now... Oh wait, I need to have Tiger installed to view it. Ok back to mad.

hehe
:D

For those who asked when I ordered, I ordered on the day the offical release was announced, that morning.

Brian

NeoX said:
Where exactly is Ontario?
its somewhat northeast of LA. when my shipment went to Oakland, it literally passed my city. i still cannot figure out why they sent to Oregon... that must have been a mistake. AND the FedEx site is STILL not updated with any movement... it says its in Memphis.

i'll be a little annoyed if i dont have it tomorrow.

[EDIT] ok, i take that back. its magically in Oakland again! see, that proves it was a mistake...

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 6
kramm said:

mine has the exact same timestamps as yours only to come back to San Jose! I liked it a lot better when I was interning at apple and I had panther and Panther server at my disposal.

Personally, I would wait until 10.4.1 to upgrade. But Im phsyched about those damn little widgets and the promise of faster speed. Not too mention I will carbon copy clone my 10.3.9 so i can always go back.

Watch wout widgets, here I come!!!

c

If I knew that 10.4.1 was a week away, I'd wait, but my curiosity would get the better of me if it took longer or there was no preset .1 date.

My Tiger DVD arrived this morning and I installed about an hour ago on my 15" Al pbook. Installation went smoothly. Took 30 min and about 5 min for startup. 20 of the 30 min were for languages and print drivers. Started up to a fully functional desktop with full communication with my linksys wireless G router. Major apps seem fine. Need some time with it but looks great overall

Well, I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease. After emailing FedEx about the problem, they replied that they would try to get it to me today.

Now their site says it's "On FedEx vehicle for delivery" !! :D

However, I didn't realize my wife was running errands today. I really hope they don't come hoping for a signature while she's gone!! :( ::sleepy:: :confused: :confused:

Back