AT&T Fail! USA MMS coming Sept. 25th

Ummm... lack of MMS?

I think you don't understand my meaning. I am trying to point on the fact that AT&T second class treatment of iPhone users (even though the iPhones inflated AT&T profits) is the fault on the US infrastructure in general.

I will prove to you the US infrastructure is decaying (AT&T is just one symptom it it). Just drive ten miles outside any US suburb and take an exit of the old expressway. You will need a four wheel drive or the shocks of all the mammoth potholes will ripe your shocks apart. Then tell me you think the US infrastructure (AT&T included) has failed or is ready to fail.

When I drive up a US official road (US15 going North on the East Coast) is a pothole heaven! Plus you are lucky you get ANY cell phone signal going up that road (especially in Central Pennsylvania)! Yes it was the same with Verizon too! God forbid there is ever a major accident on that road!

So if you saw what I see (going to see relatives) you would more understand my criticism of AT&T. I laugh anytime I see their commercials saying "more bars in more places". This MMS debacle is just a symptom of their network problems in general.

Plus all this MMS bull crap on AT&T is also a symbol of the decline of America network in more than just wireless. All the Europeans know this and even the Canadians were laughing their butts off at this whole AT&T MMS debacle. This is the beginning of the American decline and as an American I see all the signs around me that all those others might be right.

Well I just received the text message from AT&T. Talk about late and treating us East coast iPhone users like second class customers!!! :mad:

Well, I do hail from the city where AT&T's ex-headquarters are, so I'm sure that my benign, uneventful, and reliable relationship with AT&T is due to that fact that this city got preferential treatment for many years.

Well, I do hail from the city where AT&T's ex-headquarters are, so I'm sure that my benign, uneventful, and reliable relationship with AT&T is due to that fact that this city got preferential treatment for many years.

You lucky sun of gun! :) How is the 3G outside town?

Heh... it's pretty much perfect everywhere -- I can get 3G reception all the way north to Dallas (approx. 360 miles away) along I-35, and I get 3G service almost all the way down to the coast (Port Aransas, Rockport, Corpus Christi, etc.).

Outside of town is a little spotty in the rural areas... I can get 3G all the way west to at least Boerne, but last time I ventured farther than that to Fredericksburg, I had to put up with EDGE. Boo hoo! Hehe... ;)

I typically never leave 3G coverage, even when I travel (which is infrequent, anyway).

Inside of the city, where most of my time is spent, I get DSL-like speeds on 3G: typically between 1.5 and 2.0Mbit/sec download and 256-500k upload speeds (sometimes up to 1Mbit).

As you can see from AT&T's 3G coverage map, I've pretty much got excellent reception all over the place within 500 miles of where I am:

http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/

Now, mind you, a lot of carriers tend to "over-state" their coverage, and AT&T is no exception.

We did have a small hiccup some months ago when SXSW (South-By-Southwest, a music festival, indie-film type thing) was going on up in Austin -- apparently, AT&T's network was so overloaded with iPhones at that time (which is no surprise -- every Birkenstock-wearing, emo-hippie-vegan with an iPhone comes flooding into town for SXSW) that it affected all of south Texas!

We did have a small hiccup some months ago when SXSW (South-By-Southwest, a music festival, indie-film type thing) was going on up in Austin -- apparently, AT&T's network was so overloaded with iPhones at that time (which is no surprise -- every Birkenstock-wearing, emo-hippie-vegan with an iPhone comes flooding into town for SXSW) that it affected all of south Texas!

Sounds like AT&T should deploy those new MicroCells all over at the event, in the thousands.

Back