bad attitude...

Arden said:
Like I said, got any examples? I've read a number of threads where you and Fryke simply tear into each other, and I would say you've been getting a little on the irrational side in general in these posts... but this seems to be in the vein of heated discussion, and if anything you yourself are guilty of spreading napalm. Okay, maybe not "guilty" as such, but you get the drift, right?

Frankly, I think this board needs more heated discussion as such, rather than all the pandering and agreement. I've spoken to a number of members who have left or want to leave because they think this site is turning too "sterile." I mean, when was the last time you saw a thread get closed for something besides posting an existing topic? :)

If you want an example then here it is. I have seriously thought about leaving this site after that comment. If I wanted to be on a board with people tearing into each other then I would be on Slashdot or IRC. There is a real problem brewing in macosx.com. Personal attacks are on the rise here and I wish it would stop. This site is basically a pay to post site. If personal attacks continue then I guess I need to go to another board. I see mods ripping into posters (on personal levels) all the time and it has nothing to do with board rules!

uh, like where? the most i see is a sarcastically witty, but not exactly personal, comment from fryke that he then apologized for even saying. unless i'm missing something here, please point out a truly personal attack next time.

octane said:
Problem solved. I'll use my rapier-like wit to impale the flamers and baiters on the forum... :D
And, apparently, whenever possible, the mods as well... ;) :D

People need to read a little more into emoticons. I for one use emoticons to convey specific emotions. If I said something like, "Ed, I hate you. ;) :D", then that's quite different from "Ed, I hate you. :p :mad:". Usually if I have a wink, or something, then I'm joking or playing around... etc. And many others seem to use emoticons this way as well, instead of throwing them in willy-nilly.

Alrighty then...... I guess i cant say much on this cuz i;m fairly new.. But ummmmm this post has gotton way out of wack......Do the words Grow up mean anything ... ok said my peace.. Hey all have a great day im off to read the meaningfull posts

RancherAZ

Some people just need to chill out on there posts in my opinion. Wee short posts suck as 'I agree' help no one. I have one person in mind that makes me cringe whenever I read..well any thread. There is always a post from this spamming fool. I wouldn’t mind it if the posts made where relevant - or in this persons case, correct - but they never are. Grow up, if you think you get more respect for the amount of posts you have made you are kidding yourself on. Just makes you look like a spamming joke.

Now i hate making posts like this and it is a rare occurrence. But something needed to be said and i salute the member who started this thread.

Back