Best FTP program for Leopard?

alra111

Registered
I've been using Cyberduck for a couple of weeks now, but it has a couple of little quirks that get on my nerves. For example, if you right click on file and select New File from the resulting menu, this new file could end up anywhere, not in the folder where you right-clicked from. Also, when trying to back up my entire website to the hard drive, it has crashed three times "unexpectedly" on me.

Perhaps someone can recommend a better FTP program, even if it's shareware (wililing to pay $10-$15 for a great FTP program). Also, I don't know if this exists, but are there any FTP programs that you can set to automatically log into your site once a day and backup all the files to the folder of your choice on one of your hard drives?

Thanks for any help,
Alra111

PS: Merry Christmas!

Thanks, that's the prob., I feel bad paying $25 for a program that come standard with OS X. Granted, these are more user-friendly.

Alra111

I've used CaptainFTP for years and enjoyed it, especially once they implemented sftp.

(Can't speak to current trends, though; I don't use ftp for anything now, and what little I do is done in the Terminal with ftp.)

Back