Which web browser is the best?

• Chimera

• Mozilla

• OmniWeb

• Internet Explorer

• Netscape Communicator

• Other...

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't want to have to compile anything. So I'm waiting for the actual thing that I can download and use right out of the box... or, er... right out of the download.

I still hate the Mozilla interface though. Maybe Pinstripe will help.

you dont have to compile anything. go to mozilla.org and get the latest build. Or you could wait for 1.0 :).

sim, i think we should set up a designated browsers thread. i'm replying to you and other people in like 5 different browser threads :). We should just combine them into one. Hey we could even have a browsers forum! I know how much you would love that :D!

Originally posted by googolplex
you dont have to compile anything. go to mozilla.org and get the latest build. Or you could wait for 1.0 :).

If I want to get version 1.0, I think I still have to compile something, yes?

sim, i think we should set up a designated browsers thread. i'm replying to you and other people in like 5 different browser threads :). We should just combine them into one.

Meh, whatever.

Hey we could even have a browsers forum! I know how much you would love that :D!

Ooooh, now you've made me mad. :mad:

Chimera sucks! Mozilla sucks! Chimera sucks! Mozilla sucks! Chimera sucks! Mozilla sucks! Chimera sucks! Mozilla sucks! Chimera sucks! Mozilla sucks! Chimera sucks! Mozilla sucks! Chimera sucks! Mozilla sucks! Chimera sucks! Mozilla sucks!

OK that made me feel much better. :D Now what was that about a browser forum?

Originally posted by simX
Chimera sucks! Mozilla sucks! Chimera sucks! Mozilla sucks! Chimera sucks! Mozilla sucks! Chimera sucks! Mozilla sucks! Chimera sucks! Mozilla sucks! Chimera sucks! Mozilla sucks! Chimera sucks! Mozilla sucks! Chimera sucks! Mozilla sucks!

LOL :D Is it going to be World War 3 between mozilla and chimera lovers and simX? :p

Originally posted by rinse

as for these third party browsers... how can you view Flash sites effectively with these things? I never can go to a flash site and expect Omniweb to show the Flash stuff reliably and i dont have the patience to watch mozilla crash and burn.

When was the last time you tried Mozilla? For a while now (since at least 0.96, if not earlier) it has been the least crashy browser under OSX. I am typing this in Mozilla right now, in a browser window (tab, actually) that I launched yesterday morning -- yes, over 24 hours ago! I have browsed to literally hundreds of pages, many with Flash content, java content, blah blah blah and the browser has not unexpectedly quit, become intolerably slow, or anything else. I dare anyone to say they've ever gotten that kind of stability out of OSX IE. The thing that drove me to alternative browsers in the first place when I moved to OSX was that IE 5.1 was such a crashy app.

xoot, you have to know sim's position on extra forums to understand his burst of anger :).

actually sim you can't get what will be 1.0 quite yet even if you build. Select bugs that are very important will still be checked in and fixed before the release.

Back