Bill Gates really worked for Apple before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if bill gates did work for apple, apple would be the largest computer company in the world, mac os would have a 95% market share, and we'd all be getting excited by keynote speeches performed by bill gates! :D

[PERSONAL ATTACK REMOVED] but i dont think most of us here would like any other than Steve on that stage...

remember the keynotes in the 90s when steve wasnt there ???

soulseek said:
[PERSONAL ATTACK REMOVED] but i dont think most of us here would like any other than Steve on that stage...

remember the keynotes in the 90s when steve wasnt there ???

my posts was kind of like an alternate reality. assuming gates went to work for apple in 1980 and was still there today, we probably wouldnt know who steve jobs is or even give a crap. :D

and if George Bush wasnt elected president Bin landen wouldnt have crashed 2 planes into the twin towers , and Spiderman the movie would have turned out a lot better :p
who cares, whats done is done :p

soulseek said:
and if George Bush wasnt elected president Bin landen wouldnt have crashed 2 planes into the twin towers , and Spiderman the movie would have turned out a lot better :p
who cares, whats done is done :p

you sir are a sick man.

i was sick some time ago, but a good friend of mine helped me find my way :p i bought a mac and gave my pc to my bro.... since then i feel better everyday :p

soulseek said:
i was sick some time ago, but a good friend of mine helped me find my way :p i bought a mac and gave my pc to my bro.... since then i feel better everyday :p

no really, your comment was disgusting. you should really stop talking now.

kool down boys....

The subject of the thread is "Bill Gates really worked for Apple before"... and I think he is still... the main advantage of the Mac over Linux is that it runs MS Office, no ?

Yep, keep it on topic, please... If you want to talk about the 9/11 stuff, head somewhere else, for example a cinema showing Fahrenheit 9/11. Or politics. Or a café. Or something...

And chevy: Yep, that's kinda funny, isn't it... Although I'd say the main advantage of the Mac over Linux is that it's a UN*X that actually _works_ for the desktop/notebook. (And Adobe, Macromedia would have to be counted, too - not just MS makes important software for the Mac but not Linux.)

If you like the integration, you can try NeoOfficeJ. It is not as bad as they say.

For the rest I also use OpenOffice 1.1.2 (no MacOSX version of OpenOffice 2 yet).

chevy said:
the main advantage of the Mac over Linux is that it runs MS Office, no ?

Oh, but there are SO many other advantages of OS X over Linux.

Like, for example, I can install software without getting the obscure error message "ApplicationX depends on gtk+2.4.3-2 which is not installed". And after installing this mysterious "gtk+2.4.3-2" I don't get an error message that says "Nice job, braniac. ApplicationY depends on gtk+2.2.10-3 which will now terminate and will devour random blocks of data while it's at it".

I have a Window manager/evniroment (Finder/Quarts/etc) that doesn't make my brain explode with its quirks, bugs, non-intuitaveness, and duplicity. I have programs that work (have you ever tried using GnomeMeeting? iChat AV it is not. It isn't even NetMeeting, and using tin cans + holding up a picture of your chat partner hand-drawn by a 5-year old is better than NetMeeting).

I can run OS X on ALL of my hardware, I can use 802.11G NICs, and sound tends to work. I don't have to spend 50% of my time trying to get the machine to work for me (as opposed to the other way around). Sure, I'm "forced" to know more about how my system works internally, but you can bet if I was "forced" to spend 50% of my "driving time" working on my car, I'd quickly become a permanent pedestrian.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Linux, and I LOVE OSS and the idea behind OSS (I'm a contributor to a couple of different programs). I just think desktop Linux needs some serious work, and its developers need some serious attitude adjustments (get over it folks - just statically link libraries into the @%#% programs! They'll actually *run* on people's machines!). See my earlier "linux killed my grandma" rant - Linux 2.6, KDE 3.2, and Gnome 2.6 have improved things a little, but not nearly enough.

Needless to say, if MS Office was suddenly made available for Linux in some suped-up, shiny version, Linux would still be unusable by 95% of the population. This will be fixed eventually (hopefully sooner than later; as soon as MS starts to feel the pain it'll whip out the "patent" stick, and then the party will be over. It's registering 2000 patents a year, so the sooner Linux becomes a viable product and gets this out of the way, the better). In the meantime, I'll stick with OS X (or even, gasp, Windows), which I can actually *use* on a day-to-day basis.

Thats a really good movie. Does anyone have a copy of it I can score? You cant rent it around here, and besides, wasnt it an HBO thing?

why do "special" people like yourself [FRYKE: soulseek's original post deleted because of unnecessary comments] start ranting about Windows XP when it has nothing to do with the situation at hand? is it because i mention it in my signature?

kendall, soulseek: stop it. you both know very well that we don't want flamewars on here. and as long as they're not on topic, we want them even less.

wha', you unhappy because i moderated a little, kendall? ... i hope you understand _why_ i did... if you still feel that you want to discuss things with soulseek, i suggest private messaging as the medium of choice... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back