Bill Gates really worked for Apple before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ripcord: of course, the quality of the integration is the first reason to buy Apple. And there, Linux is not better than Windows.

Fryke: yes, not only MS does good software for MacOS that is not available on Linux: Adobe does too, Macromedia... and Apple !

My only wish: that the MacOS GUI becomes sleeker and faster. I don't need that large lifts, I probably don't need all graphical effects... and that's where Bill is (or was) better than Steve: he can think barebone.

having looked @ longhorn pictures i think Bill is just once again copyin Steve. this times its mac os x interface etc...

The history of Apple and Microsft is one of my favorite topics. There are many books on the subject, most of which I have read. I encourage other fans to check some out. They are a great read.

Also, there are a lot of references on the web (no I don't have links now, I'm too lazy to go diggint hem up) with things like old Apple advertisements featuring Microsoft and an even geekier Bill Gates. And even some old e-mails (or pre-emails/letters) where Gates explicitly recommends/begs Apple to go down a different path so that his company (M$) can write the best applications for Apple. Gates was right. And not to mention the Mac expo 20 years ago where Gates was a featured guest and looked like a pawn in Steve's chess game. Oops.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Xerox PARC here. That's where this all REALLY started. Steve was just the first to realize it was the future for a mass audience. He was so dead on.

In short, Gates was a huge Mac fan early on and intended on developing the best apps for that platform. In the end he didn't like where Apple was going, and/or the contract he was able to get from them, so he went his own way.

There are a lot of other reasons for why M$ came to dominate (Apple's board demanded a profit margin aproach versus market share, huge mistake), but nonetheless, it all came together for Bill. Obviously.

Finally. Bill Gates never worked for Apple. He developed software for Apple, just like "he" does now.

mindbend said:
Finally. Bill Gates never worked for Apple. He developed software for Apple, just like "he" does now.

SO then why did Steve Jobs get mad that Bill made his own OS.

In the movie, Steven finds out about Windows on japanese NEC computers and gets super pissed.

Macromedia makes Flash and Dreamweaver for Microsoft windows. If they started making thier own OS, do you think Bill gates at MS is going to get super pissed and say HOW DARE YOU DEVELOP an OS behind my back!!! , just like how Steve did to Bill.

My point is Steven got mad, and he got mad because Bill was not just a developer, he was more than that to Apple, he was a part of them, thats what the movie shows, why else did Steve get mad at Bill?

'cause Steve thought that Bill got the idea of the windows oriented GUI by visiting Apple.

And don't forget... you watched a movie !

sandboy6184 said:
you <expletive> smessed up my thread , gosh :mad:

Boy, with that and all your other, er, wonderful posts, you're really hoping to get your account banned, aren't you?

sandboy6184 said:

My point is Steven got mad, and he got mad because Bill was not just a developer, he was more than that to Apple, he was a part of them, thats what the movie shows, why else did Steve get mad at Bill?
As difficult as this is for you to understand, Microsoft was never a part of Apple. You really need to do some research on the history of Apple and Microsoft. Your flawed memory of a TV movie is simply not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back