Bobw Passed Away

First visit to the forums in quite some time, and this is what i find. Well Bob you helped me out of a jam with my mac a number of times over the past 4 years. It's been a pleasure, I send my condolences.

I've just heard the sad news and I am stunned.
I had the pleasure of meeting Bob a few years ago and he was such a great gentleman.

Rest in peace

I been a member here for several years now. Bob was also willing to answer tech questions, no matter how difficult. Although I never met him, it is clear he was a great man. Of course are thoughts are prays are with his family.::angel::

I haven't been here much lately and was shocked to hear the news. My condolences to those who survive him - his wife, children and grandchildren.

Bob was one of the sane voices that made this site the helpful community that it was and is. He was always professional and usually spot-on with his tech advice. Maybe it was that down-home avatar, but I think it was more the wisdom in his posts that endeared him to me and surely to many others.

Bob - RIP - you will be missed.

rest in peace my friend, my condolences go out to his family, i wish i had known sooner, i'm beating myself up as i hadn't talked to Bob for a while :(

you are missed my friend

Bobw, you will be missed. Thank you for your wondrous wisdom.

My condolences and prayers to his family and his friends.

This just hit me like a ton of bricks. :(

I couldn't have said it better.

I didn't even know he was ill. Or was he? Sounds pretty sudden ... a heart attack maybe? Does anyone know what happened?

At any rate, Bob will definitely be missed. I know he has helped me on numerous occasions, and for that I will always remember his kindness (and patience with my annoyances! LOL).

To Bob's family and close friends: I didn't know him personally (only from this board), but my heart and thoughts go out to you all.

BobW had a heart attack while working on macosx web site

He died around 8:30 AM on 07.23.07. He did not know he had a bad heart

We were like Brothers i miss him every day.

Thank you Bobw for helping and sharing your knowledge with someone you've never seen, never spoken to and thousands of miles away on the other side of the world.

He will be sorely missed. My sincere belated condolences to his family and friends.

You'll never walk alone.

I'm very sorry to hear about Bob's passing. He was a champion on the forums and helped me out on several occasions. No doubt he will be sorely missed.

My condolences to his family and close friends.

Mat.

Just goes to show that it's been a while since I was here.

I suppose it comes to us all. Bobw helped me out on several occasions, never stinting of his time, always pleasant and helpful.

I shall miss him.

I am so saddened by this news.

I haven't been on the boards here at all recently, and I'm so sorry to hear about this. He was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. There were so many times when I was first starting with my Mac that I asked questions knowing Bob would be the first to respond with the best answer I'd find anywhere. My condolences go out to his family. I hope my donation helps with the funeral costs.

Just goes to show that it's been a while since I was here.

I suppose it comes to us all. Bobw helped me out on several occasions, never stinting of his time, always pleasant and helpful.

I shall miss him.

I have missed you, my friend! Busy workin?

Oh my - I am just reading for the first time about Bob's death, as I have not been on the forum in some time, due to 2 deaths in my own family and a major shake up at work.

Bob helped me numerous times and even gave me his e-mail address to figure a problem when I couldn't get my printer to work. What a peach!
He was always patient & kind, throwing in a bit of humor to keep things light.
He was truly a gem - I am shocked and saddened by the news of his passing.

My heart goes out to his friends and family. It is a testament to his character that Bob is admired and so highly spoken of here on the forum by all who have been helped through his wisdom and known him during his years of dedication to the Mac community.

RIP BobW

Bob has been sorely missed around here. His passing created a huge void here at Macosx.com. It is amazing how many lives he touched through tech support.

Bob has been sorely missed around here. His passing created a huge void here at Macosx.com. It is amazing how many lives he touched through tech support.
I really do miss chatting to him on iChat. He was such a good guy. Would help when ever you asked.

Back