Browser keeps redirecting me to other stupid pages

What version of OS X are you using?

You may have gotten the "DNSChanger" trojan installed. Do you ever remember visiting a website that asked you to download and install a Quicktime codec to properly view the page? If so, did you do it?

If so again, try the following program:

http://www.dnschanger.com/

You'll want to download the "DNSChanger Removal Tool" and see if that helps.

I think I did what you just described a while ago.
I'll try that DNSTrojan removal tool. Thanks for
your help.

Actually, I just tried it. It does not detect a DNSChanger
trojan, so it is probably a different bug.

Ted.

Hmm... strange.

Can you look in your System Preferences, under Network, for your connection method (AirPort, ethernet, etc.) and see what your "DNS Servers" are set to, if any?

Which browser are you using -- Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc?

Hi SatComer,

I tried what you told me to, but I don't see how I can remove the ip addresses that are listed under the DNS; I cannot even select them. Unless you really mean DND, but there is no such tab from what I see.

Anyway, I have also noticed that I do not get this problem when I am at the university, but when I am at home, which makes it sound like something is attacking the router, is this possible?

Ted

Anyway, I have also noticed that I do not get this problem when I am at the university, but when I am at home, which makes it sound like something is attacking the router, is this possible?

Yeah, it is possible. I'd do a soft reset on the router first. I've heard in some instances that's all that's needed. If that doesn't work then there is always the hard reset option.

Back