Buy.com Music Store (the mighty merging of 3 threads)

I think we need a whole new forum for this, like we have the special Panther section.

I debated posting the link or not for a while, then figured if it was to be deleted, so be it. I was waiting for a Moderator to respond...my fault!

ok, here's a saving post!

Has anyone heard any rumors about iTunes for PC? I know Steve said soon, or before the end of the year, but what is anyone hearing? It's been awfully quiet on that rumor front, which is odd because that should be a hot one!

iTunes for PC could be huge in giving Apple more credability amongst the masses!

According to the Q3 Earning Conference Call, end-of-the-yearish. Hopefully it will get some people to convert over, as opposed to suspecting an Apple move to the x86 chip, as all to many people think (and some of my PC friends suggest. It grows tiring to explain to them over and over…).

Buymusic.com - source for album art work! :)

If an album has the option to view a larger image of the CD cover, just save that and use it for your imported CDs. Saves from having to scan it. Fairly large image size, and decent quality.

Can Apple keep a grip on this? or will it be just to hard to hold onto?

Apple has great ideas and creations, but they are always in the wrong place at the wrong time? if iTunes was released on both platforms similtanously what would the present be like now.

Apple, You don't wanna loose this battle!

Another reason why iTMS isnt world wide yet is due to government regulations. Some governments own portions or a majority of telecommunication networks in most countries. this gives them more reason to start up a similar service to their citizens. eg: in Australia the major telecommunications giant "Telstra" is starting it's own music download service for around $2 AU a song depending on the exchange rate its about 99c US. Telstra is mainly owned by the Australian government.

I dont want to sound like a moderator (fine people, by the way), but keep down the anti-homosexuall remarks, Ptpiz.

from a moderator - i totally agree, please refrain from comments such as those, they are unwarranted and distasteful.

This is what I've been worried about...Making the Apple community beta testers to the Windows one. We need iTMS for PC NOW!

If we don't move, Gates has an army of over 50 THOUSAND employees that can crank out something ASAP. Also, he's got enough money to get the contracts and agreements done fast.

Unless Steve was able to get some sort of non M$ guarantee for a period of time, but our window (no pun intended) is closing fast. We need to get this done. If we do, we can really take a bite out of the PC market on our service. Also, most people will want to stick with one service due to the differences in the DRMs and file types.

Apple....PLEASE get that PC code ready! (never thought I'd say that!)

Originally posted by arden
Funny, I didn't see anything about licensing on Apple's Store site. Basically, the only restriction they have is that you don't share songs.

From http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/07/25/1316225&mode=thread&tid=141&tid=188 :

"Politech is reporting that your 'ownership' of music purchased from Apple's iTunes isn't what everyone considers ownership. According to the license, 'Apple may use technologies to verify' that you have not 'use[d] or attempt[d] to use the service from outside of the [United States]'. This includes Canada. Apple's 'technologies' delete the bought-and-paid-for files with no refund and no replacement when & if you leave the U.S." Update: 07/25 16:23 GMT by P: The post to Politech says the songs would "disappear," not be deleted; from the context, it seems they were merely unplayable, not deleted. Update: 07/25 21:34 GMT by M: Apple has contacted the guy, and is apparently making him happy. However, the question remains: Apple definitely doesn't want people buying new songs from outside the U.S., but do they intend to generally permit foreign users to reauthorize (in effect, retain access to) the songs they have already purchased? Apple's policy is very unclear on that point.

I don't think that is something apple wanted but rather what the greedy pigs = music industry requested to the service.

Be in the States, buy the music and when you go to Europe say a bye-bye to what you paid for? Does not sound very nice, nor will i try.

But I agree, even that is FAR FAR less than the buymusic licence.

Oh - and that the site requiring windoze and IE is hilarious. ::ha::

I don't see why it's necessary for them to care what browser you use, unless they're so pigheaded they want to enforce that only Windows users use the service, which is completely stupid and should be illegal for discrimination.

BTW, www.buymusicsucks.com is friggin' hilarious.

Wow, have any of you seen the videos with the blonde? I swear, this has to be the most innane, stupid thing I've ever seen.

Now I must go pray for soul after watching this.

Wait, your media player MUST be DRM compliant? I understand the iPod deal, but do *all* the rest on the market support this?

This blonde just talked about small and light...I wonder if she meant her brain?

Back