Cache Folder for Safari

Isaac717

Registered
I have upgraded to Lion. I am running a dial-up connection using a "Zoom USB Mini Modem". Since I am running dial-up my speed on line slows as the "Cache" folder accumulates. How do I find the "Cache" folder for "Safari" to delete it?
I just want to make sure I delete the correct folder. The layout is extremely different from "Snow Leopard".

Thanking you ahead in this matter,
Isaac717

Good question!
Browser caching should result in speedier browsing, especially on a slow connection...

Just curious - how did you update to Lion on dial-up?
I have this thought-picture of spiderwebs between you and your Mac, waiting for a 4GB download on a 56kbps connection. That would be something like 150 hours?

Every OS I have run the connection speed has always slowed down because of the garbage in the folder.

I took the MacBook to the shop. (About 30 miles one way.) There is a business close by that has a non-secured Wi-Fi. Before using the connection I asked if they minded and they said that they did not.

Last edited:
Every OS I have run the connection speed has always slowed down because of the garbage in the folder.

Bunk. The purpose of the cache is to keep local copies of Web-based files rather than having to re-download them every time you access them. The only way that your cache can consistently slow you down is for your network connection to be faster than your hard drive connection.

Over the weekend I had to tun the disc for 10.6. Lion just was not running as expected. I might try it again someday but for now I need an operating system that works correctly.
Thanks to all who have helped with this issue.
Isaac717

Back