can itunes 6 play other videos?

RGrphc2

...InSaNe...
I'll admit i have a few TV shows downloaded on my computer, not saying from where, but i was wondering if iTunes can play these video files. It would be nice to get rid of WMP9 for just that

I have Quicktime 7 Pro, but these video's were encoding with DivX or something else, i am not sure what else though. I just need to open them in Quicktime and re-encode to H.264?

Sorry to bump but I can't seem to open DivX files in quicktime so i can watch them in iTunes, what plug in do i need?

Also, iTunes uses QuickTime to play videos, so if the videos don't play in the regular QuickTime Player, chances are iTunes won't play it either.

The question really is: Does iTunes play _all_ files that play in QT player? And the answer is: No. Somehow, I think, Apple has restricted iTunes so it plays only "clean" QT-codecs, i.e. .mov files, .mp4 files etc., but not any .avi's that QT can play etc. So you'd really have to reencode them, which'll take _quite_ some time and lose quality. Too bad...

QuickTime Pro has a very slow encoder for iPod (specific output selection on the "export" menu) but it works fine. I tried yesterday with some Apple ads and it works fine in iTunes viewer.

On iPod documentation, it mentions it will also play MPEG 4 up to 480x480, but I cannot test.

Back