I can't back up cd, after trying Toast Titanium 6 I get:
"The drive reported an error:
Sense Key=ILLEGAL REQUEST
Sense Code= 0x72, 0x03
SESSION FIXATION ERROR - INCOMPLETE TRACK IN SESSION
Can somebody tell me what's wrong?

Thank you
Francisco J

What are you trying to burn? Data? Music? A disk image file? From one CD-ROM to the CD-R/RW, or from your hard drive to the CD-R/RW? What kind of Macintosh are you using? Is the burner the internal, Apple-supplied CD-R? Or is it external?

It looks like it either may be faulty media (the CD-R) or your source is corrupted somehow.

Not a lot of information to find on this error. I would guess it means you (or the software) is asking the burner to do something it is not capable of doing, and the track is not complete. Have you tried another CD-R? another brand of CD-R? Have you checked for updates for your installation of Toast (now at version 6.0.9). What sort of data are you burning? Did you try rebooting and burning again?

I try to burn a folder 509 mg of mp3s, 110 songs, it seems strange to me that I can burn DVDs in my eMac 1gz 512 ram and now I wasted several cds.
Every song works -iTunes-
Any idea?
Thank you

Hmmm... what speed are you trying to burn at? You might wanna try lowering it to 12x or 8x and try that. Some media is sensitive to high-speed writing, and even though it may say "24x compatible" on the disk, it may still fail at 24x.

what happens if you try burning data to a CD from Toast?
Have you tried burning a data CD-R from the Finder?
ElDiabloConCaca has a good recommendation about slowing down the burn rate.
DVD burning and CD burning do not relate to each other in any way. They are completely different processes inside a burner. One can work and the other not work at all, usually the burner is bad. You must check with a variety of media to decide if your CD-R is operating or not. (Audio copy, iTunes burn, data burn, burn from the finder, etc.) If you do use toast, try reinstalling that, and double-check that your version is up-to-date.

Back