Chat Online -- About MacWorld & More!

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
We are testing this out! If it uses to much server load, it's gone. I didn't bother integrating it or anything, so if you register for an account on it, it may be erased later. You can just ype in a name and chat w/o registering.

[removed] will find a better solution

It never really "loads", it acts like its loading all the time.

However, it does appear that it doesn't work under Safari, but does under Firefox. This isn't good.

could this be because safari won't display the page until it's finished loading?

The simplest thing to do would be to do what we do over at XvsXP, which is join the same chatroom in iChat. For that site, it's the xvsxp room, for my latest endeavor (Deep Thought), it's the deepthought room, for here it could be the macosx room.

Seriously... has no one thought of this before?

It crashed my safari when i closed the window without logging out.
Worked fine if i logged out properly, but the window changed so fast I didnt see the 'goodbye' message! :(

yeah - safari crashed on me too.
but with firefox it's working
but I'm talking only to myself

We _have_ thought about that, Arden, however would YOU want to try to chat to 200 or more people at the same time in iChat? Fuggeddabbouddit. I liked the IRC w/ chat client version - and this one's okay, too, although I despise using FireFox...

Chat room looks awesome! AND MACWORLD BETTER BE STREAMED! Though I heard they might block it or something. Im seriously just dying for the keynote.

When you say "Macworld better be streamed," I assume you mean Steve Job's keynote presentation, right? Streaming all four days of the conference would be insane!

Again, it's not going to be streamed live via QuickTime nor satellite, but will be available in an on-demand stream later that day/night.

Back