Chimera 0.6 is out!

Chimera won't support styles on user interface elements until CSS3 is released, which should be sometime in 2003. CSS3 contains specifications for adding styles to buttons, text boxes, etc., while CSS1 and 2 only allow changing the cursor (although browsers that don't use sytem UI elements like IE and Moz already allow the color attribute to be used on UI elements, that is _not_ required by the current CSS specification).

Well, the fact that the text color changes in text input boxes _is_ a bug; Chimera is a jumble of Gecko and Cocoa code thrown together (hence its name), so you end up with things like that where the background of the text box has the Aqua appearance, but the text is being done by Gecko so it is colored (and therefore if the foreground text is white you can't see anything). You can find this bug at http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=161261.

You can also see on this board that sometimes the background gets colored in one line text inputs, and so on. But once these problems are fixed, there is no real reason to be concerned about not having colored and styled form controls; most of what CSS3 is going to do is encourage browsers like Mozilla to make their form controls look more like standard OS controls, which is what Chimera and Opera already do.

next release of chimera:

What it should REALLY do
1) When multiple tabs are open, disable the close window button on the upper left. (the Mac OS X red ball.)
2) Instead put a little red ball on each tab to close tabs with the mouse, or with cmd-w as it currently is.
3) Enable the regular close window button only if no tabs are open.

I HATE accidentally closing a browser window when I just meant to close one tab, and I lose 15 other tabbed pages!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Also, make a way to "save" the browser state.

So if you have 20 tabs open, and you "save", and then it crashes, when you re-open the browser, all 20 tabs will come back, with all the text fields filled out the same way you left them, every tab at the same URL you left them at.

dream on...... :rolleyes:

no becuase human instinct will always click the mouse on the window-close button and lose all the tabs. If more than one tab is open the close window MUST be disabled, or re-programmed to only close the current tab

Originally posted by MacLuv
I think Chimera is great, but it still needs a little more work to be perfect... go to www.iomega.com and see if your system crashes on you...

It didn't crash for me either. I use the apple+W to close individual tabs and it works fine.

try deleting the folder in ~/Library/Application Support/Chimera/Profiles/default/

warning: this will delete all bookmarks, etc.

I did all that.

My specs are: Powerbook G4 Ti 400 mhz with 1 GB RAM, Mac OS X.2.1

Used the flash uninstaller (it's useless but I used it anyway just to be textbook), then I deleted Navigator.app, and the library/prefs/chimera folder (but I saved my bookmarks.xml file).

Then I redownloaded Chimera 0.6 and installed it and opened it, then I quit it and put in my old bookmarks.xml, and installed the newest flash player beta which is version.... 6,0,60,65

iomega.com still crashes it :)

The unistaller IS USELESS

all it does is put the flash plugin in the trash.

You can just go to your internet plugins folder and drag it to the trash.

Only the newest builds are available. They are beta builds anyway...

Back