Chimera 0.6 is out!

To set a bookmark keyword, select the bookmark, choose Get Info, and then type the keyword into the Keyword: field. The browser will now go to the bookmark's URL whenever you type the keyword in the URL bar.

You can also use a URL with %s in it and Chimera will fill in the term entered after the keyword. For example, you can make a bookmark with the URL http://www.google.com/search?q=%s and assign it the keyword "search," then when you type search Mac OS X it will run a google search for Mac OS X.

well, no, it doesn't. 'mn' is my keyword for macnews.net.tc, yet if I enter 'mn' into the location bar, Chimera looks up mn.com.

This works very, very fine in OmniWeb, in Chimera however, it doesn't work at all.

ah, found out... it only works if you show the toolbar... in the location-sheet, it doesn't work. too bad.

It does, of course. Browsing only rocks if you disable all graphical interface elements besides the content window and a status bar at its lower end. :)

However, I've already stopped using Chimera again, as some of its bugs just spring to my mind whenever I try using it. I miss its speed as soon as I'm back in OmniWeb, but that's a bearable thing.

I'll check back in in a few weeks...

just a tid bit... latest nightly build has new graphics for tool bar buttons (back, forward, stop etc)

Originally posted by fryke

...I miss its speed as soon as I'm back in OmniWeb, but that's a bearable thing.

what type of internet connection do u have Fryke? i have ISDN 64K and i find Chimeras speed a rather important advantage! if i had ISDN 128K maybe i wouldnt mind! but for now ill just stick to chimera :)

Oh wow, i just downloaded the latest nightly build. I Didn't know on Dock Popup, it has your toolbar bookmarks!! Thats NEAT! :D ...its the small things that count! :D

Neyo

it has the toolbar in the dock menu. however, you can designate any folder as the folder for the popup menu.

also, there is a new selection in prefs to open downloaded items.

I like Chimera, but it should now be updated to take advantage of Mozilla 1.3. Mozilla 1.3 is much faster than Mozilla 1.0 that is the base of Chimera.

seeing that chimera is a mozilla project which is accessed from mozilla.org, I'm sure they will do that

Yeah, but there will be a good deal of lag time. It was only a few months ago that they completely synchronized the project with Mozilla 1.0, although if there are bugs they pick up the changes ASAP.

It's not such a big deal, however, since Gecko doesn't change much or quickly. Most of the speed improvements since 1.0 have involved getting XUL to be faster.

OK need help.... I am using Chimera Build ID: 2003010104... They change the download box < there is no close when done option> now when I down load thing I have to manually close the box ... Does anyone one know how to close the download dialog box automatically when the DL has been completed? an Option I may be missing ?

Originally posted by hulkaros
aka Navigator... Go and get it!

It seems that Chimera is going strong with each release! Although, OmniWeb is my default browser, I currently use Mozilla 1.2b and Chimera 0.6 more and more just for checking 'em!

Its a Speed Demon... Chimera that is!

Chimera 0.6
get better and better everyday. I get used to using this browser since it is faster than Mozilla, IE, OW... :rolleyes:

Back