• Dripped Coffee

• Frappé

• Espresso Regular

• Cappuccino

• (Espresso) Americano

• Espresso Ristretto

• Frappuccino/coolata kind of coffee

• Greek/Turkish

• Dripped + Iced (typical Iced coffee found in the USA)

• I dont like coffee!!!!!!!!

• Latte

• Other (or more), specify

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mmmmh... coffee :p
Espresso, Americano, cappuccino (not the American version of it) and most Latte's go. :p

At work --> dripped coffee or cappucino.
At home --> dripped only.

In an original Italian coffee machine ! :p

Here's how I start my morning, every day:

1. Grind whole bean coffee (Starbucks French Roast or House Blend) in the coffee grinder.

2. Put four heaping spoonfuls into the coffee filter.

3. Add 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon.

4. Add 1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg.

5. Insert the coffee filter into my Bunn Coffee Maker.

6. Pour in the water.

8. In a carafe or coffee thermos, for every 2 cups (measuring cup) of coffee , add 1 cup 2% or whole milk. The unit measure doesn't matter much, as long as the coffee is dluted with milk 1:2.

9. I've tried a variation of this recipe I developed by substituting Allspice for Nutmeg but found that something in the Allspice gets my heart racing too much, very uncomfortable feeling/edgy feeling; it's not the same feeling as having too much caffeine.

Originally posted by marmoset
Anyone else use a french press coffeemaker? I love mine. It's a little extra work cleaning up, but the taste is worth it.
Shouldn't it be a freedom press? :)

Personally, I'm not too into coffee. I don't like the taste of regular coffee at all; I do drink highly sweetened coffee drinks when I feel the need, like if I have to stay awake for something, but I am not a coffee person. If you can't stay awake without it or you're too grouchy/whatever, then you have a problem and you're trying to avoid the problem with coffee. Many people are like that; coffee is a drug which should be taken in moderation.

Arden, anything that stimulates or suppresses stimulation is a drug. If we were to eliminate all those stimulants from our lives we would find ourselves staring at a plate of rice cakes and a glass of water.

I have drank coffee since I was about 10 years old when my grandmother would give me a cup of hot milk with enough coffee to barely turn it brown. The caffeine, while it is welcome at times is not the crucial aspect of coffee for me. It is the ritual that appeals to me. The aroma, the bleary-eyed mornings it transforms into manageable days. The coffee houses where one can sit and read and relax and think.

Coffee isn't a drug, it's a religion!

In the winter Hulk likes to drink NesCafe (it is almost the same thing as Frappe but hot)...

In the summer Hulk likes Frappe instead...

But Hulk likes, from time to time and between beating puny enemies of the Dark Side and loving his mac, Kaputchino, Greek kofee, tee and Koka Kola... :D

Hulk knows that the last two aren't kinds of kofee but Hulk actually likes them the same :rolleyes:

;)

For diet reasons I will never drink anything but water. That said, even if I could drink coffee, I think it is GROSS! It is fine for you people, but you should not be dependent on artificial stimulants. But life is short! Enjoy your coffee!

Matthew

I don't like coffee. It tastes like chalk to me. Although I have managed to become addicted to caffene through sodas. A few hours without a soda and I start feeling bad. I am dead serious. This a full fledged addiction. If there's no soda in the house I start to get cravings for milk. I think it's becasue I used to drink chocolate milk when there was no soda just for the caffene. I've got a monkey on my back and he wants a Diet Coke.

I spend at least 1.5 hours a day in my favourite Café, which is called 'Cappuccino' (get that spelling right!). I have even made a website for them (and got a lotta free coffee for the job): http://cappuccino.friends.ch --- I've chosen espresso (regular, of course), but I certainly also like Cappuccino sometimes, Lattè macchiato or - for occasions where no good coffee is around - a café au lait.

Btw.: How come the Americans came up with all those fancy superccinos before getting basic coffee right? ;)

Oh, the worst coffee I've ever had, btw., was in France, somewhere on my way from Switzerland to Paris. Drip coffee (eek!) with something similar to milk. The result was kinda greyish/greenish but still smelt a little bit like coffee... (ew!)

And the real thing: Espresso La Semeuse.

Lattè? Weird spelling issues I guess.. AFAIK Latte is supposed to come from Latte in Italian ( = milk ) so no accent. Cappuccino obviously has the same thing - and I see it too often spelled wrong.

And I've been wondering why yearba mate is always spelled wrong = "yerba maté" - the accent on pronounce is supposed to be on a (màte = not written with accent) .. that'd be from argentinian Spanish then. The only reaon i can figure for this systematic typo is to make the english speakers pronounce it still a bit more correctly than e.g. 'mate' (as 'buddy' in english). well - that is a herbal kind-of-tea, if you have no idea what it is check here they have some info on that plant. in US (and Spain and most parts of South America) you can find that on bigger groceries.. (and it's supposed to be healthrier than coffee) :)

My wife owns an espresso bar here in town....a little bit of culture in a backwards part of the country. Needless to say, I drink a fair amount of coffee related products...

Fryke, Americans came up with the 'superccinos' cause we gave up on regular coffee...admitted defeat and tried to reinvent the wheel! ;)

I selected Cappuccino cause that's what the taste of the week is for me....but I go through stages. Next week it'll be something different.

How about now, wdw? What's your soda count for today? It's 1820 right now, and your last post was at 0830 my time, for reference.

Originally posted by Ugg
the bleary-eyed mornings it transforms into manageable days...
That's exactly the point I was trying to make. When the majority of people in a country can't even wake up and/or become sociable on their own, without the help of addictive stimulants, we have a problem in society. Granted, it's nowhere near the scope of the war in Iraq or the failing economy, but it's a problem nonetheless.

Originally posted by arden
That's exactly the point I was trying to make. When the majority of people in a country can't even wake up and/or become sociable on their own, without the help of addictive stimulants, we have a problem in society. Granted, it's nowhere near the scope of the war in Iraq or the failing economy, but it's a problem nonetheless.

This is likely from sleep deprivation, stress, genetics, environmental factors, socioeconomic factors. Not everyone lives in a peaceful serene (sp?) country cottage. Some of us live in the city, sometimes in apartments with paper thin walls, and in close proximity to airports, hospitals, train tracks, and high traffic areas that often prevent someone from getting the proper restful sleep that starts a healthy productive day. Some people are not morning people regardless of the best sleeping environment. So a mild stimulant such as coffee is sometimes helpful.

Just some things to consider...

Some of us have small children... Sleep Ha we ain't got none of that here;)

In the morning as they come bouncing into our room at 5:40 (sometimes they sleep in until 6:20!!! Happy day!!!) the only hope is to stagger down stairs to great my old friends Mr. Rio Vapore (espresso machine) and Mr. Zassenhaus (the Luddite in me goes for the idea of hand ground coffee.)

Now once I get rid of my sleep deficit some time in 2012 I may not be as attached to my morning cuppa. But until then it is a necessity.

-Eric

I heard on NPR radio about a study that men who drink coffee have better mental performance than those who don't. Women's mental performance seemed unaffected by coffee. I didn't personally read the article, just heard about it, and I wouldn't expect significant (mental) gains from drinking coffee.

Back