• Dripped Coffee

• Frappé

• Espresso Regular

• Cappuccino

• (Espresso) Americano

• Espresso Ristretto

• Frappuccino/coolata kind of coffee

• Greek/Turkish

• Dripped + Iced (typical Iced coffee found in the USA)

• I dont like coffee!!!!!!!!

• Latte

• Other (or more), specify

Results are only viewable after voting.
Originally posted by chemistry_geek
I heard on NPR radio about a study that men who drink coffee have better mental performance than those who don't. Women's mental performance seemed unaffected by coffee. I didn't personally read the article, just heard about it, and I wouldn't expect significant (mental) gains from drinking coffee.
That's because they're more hyped up on caffeine and not falling asleep while they're taking the mental performance tests.

I myself tend to stay up late at night, and in the morning, even though I may be sleepy, I can get going pretty well, although I might be unique like that. If people are dependent on a substance to overcome their "sleep deprivation, stress, genetics, environmental factors, socioeconomic factors" then they need to find a better way to deal with these.

I know, I know, it's not going to change, and it's not that important, but it's still a problem when society demands so much of a person he can't even get a good night's sleep and has to depend on caffeine to operate (even if it is good business for Starbucks).

but i don't like it. I would rather skip the headaches if i miss a cup. Also, i learned my lesson from other caffeinated drinks

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
Frappé --> the modern greek coffee of choice ;)

oh.... at the foot of the acropolis, with one of those special tourist gyros at the cafe... frappe is the bomb.

but then on that hot Mid Hudson Valley summer day, iced coffee!

and at noon on the mountains in Costa Rica, after tubing down the Rio de Orosi, filtro amigo.

And in the street side in Istanbul... with the hukkahs all around Turkish coffee, thick as mud.

(Interestingly the Greeks don't call it Turkish coffee :D )

Coffee, cafe, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways

oh, giaguara... thanks for putting me right there. of course: latte macchiato was what i meant. dunno where that accento came from. guess i didn't have my usual caffeine level. :)

...of coffee that I like to drink, I think it would be better to let you know you the details, too... :rolleyes: Here I go:
-3 tea spoons of sugar (2 for greek coffee)
-2 tea spoons of coffee
-A small drop of milk (not in greek coffee)

I drink 2 to 3 of those each day... Sometimes because I HAVE to stay awake, I drink up to 5 of those :eek:

Also, I think that sometimes, if not most of the time, people drink coffee just because they like the taste and/or smell of it or because of habit and not because they NEED to drink coffee for whatever reasons/problems they may have... Others drink tea, juice, redbull, etc. Others (majority?) drink coffee... I think that more or less it is the same thing! :rolleyes:

Yes. There is definitely a taste issue there. People are either addicted to the taste of coffee or to the caffeine in it, so they keep drinking it. Personally, I find the taste of plain coffee too bitter, and I can get caffeine in more toned down ways, so I don't drink very much coffee, just the occasional Frappucino or the less frequent Starbucks coffee drink.

here in ireland we've only really been getting coffee houses recently, well cept for belfast&dublin, but since ive moved to belfast i just live in the coffee houses, one place California Coffee makes a Marsachino:- expresso,milk&a mars bar woo hoo,mmmm.... but beside that i like my coffee columbian, freshly ground and "Black as midnight on a moonless night"...recognise quote anyone?? :)

oh and has anyone had a deep fried mars bar, sounds interesting...... heard the dj on Radio1 talkin bout them....

All this talk of coffee has made me thirsty and reminded me i havent drank any today.... even tho now im on my way to bed ... piff sleep, i need coffee more.....

oh and Chemical Ali, sure name a kid that, whadya expect him to grow up to be? ;)

I said "Other". I loooooooooooove from a French Press. My favorite coffee is Tanzanian Peaberry. Otherwise, drip I guess. And either way, black.

Gibborsnorj jerardi? Veklas cumbosdok birardoj melakostoko va-unos. Megbilt shenasic vi mooku re-tlarana?

Ha! Nervus, I want to go to a Dutch coffee shop! What a pity they don't have them in Amsterdam airport ... wait, they should really have one there. Airpot would sound perfect for that :p

i love coffee dripped or ice coffee. I like the taste more than anything, i like a lot of sugar and cream though but thats just me, its always nice to start the day with a cup of coffee and orange juice before taking on the rigors of college;)

I like coffee drinks, I find it too much trouble to modify straight-up coffee to my liking, and I don't drink it for the boost anyway (imagined boost, perhaps, but more for taste).

I bet you all I could drink a Frappucino right now (2310) and still get a good night's sleep.

Back