Congrats to RacerX

We were there last may. It's pretty expensive, but we managed to get a bargain. We managed to get a room for $200 a night, which is quite good. I think the rooms that face the ocean are around $600. We even got a nice room (and a free bottle of wine) because we mentioned it was our honeymoon. We ate at a place called (I believe) Cafe Rhinoceros. It was very good. Maybe you've heard of it, Racer.

Yeah, I had lunch there with my mother once, it was good as I recall. My sister worked at the Brig for a while when she was a senior, that was a pretty good place to eat. My (then) girlfriend (and some day future ex-wife) and I went to Miguel's most of the time, that was by far my favorite place to eat on the island.

well i would hate to see this wonderful thread die just because you told a story about eating lunch:D

that last one is sort of a hard post to follow but i will give it a try. ;)

my own personal favorite memories of San Diego are of watching sunsets from sunset Cliffs in Ocean Beach. There is a certain beauty about the place. OB was always considered the poor man's beach - for one there wasn't much beach. But the beauty of the cliffs and the mellow atmosphere at sunset were something i have never quite recreated anywhere else.:)

Thanks for trying to save this thread, Ed. Something tells me that it is never going to amount to the type of threads that you and Admiral have. :(

Maybe we should bring up another subject other than San Diego and the United States of California. :rolleyes:

So Phil, do you have any ideas (something tells me that the best subjects end up over at Herve's)?

said by Tommy
It's too quitet in here. I'm heading over to Herve's.

You know I saw that you had posted something here and then moved it over to Herve's a few days ago... that hurt my feeling. :(

Okay, maybe not. :rolleyes: Lets get a shake, I love milkshakes. :D

I just wanted to say that my memories of San Diego are .... not there. AAigh! Aliens have modified my memories! Or I'm in an alternate universe! Oh no! What will I do?!

Oh, wait. San Diego? I've never been there. Nevermind...

:D

Originally posted by RacerX
You know I saw that you had posted something here and then moved it over to Herve's a few days ago... that hurt my feeling. :(
:( :( :( :(
Originally posted by RacerX
How is this?
So did that Rhapsody powered car exist before I mentioned it?

What is that car named? I Speed Racer's was the Mach 5...

What features does your car have that Speed's does not? (Anything like the Mach 5's saw blades that poped out of the front to allow Speed Racer to drive through forests?)

What OS does the Mach 5 run?

:cool: :)

Hey, did they interview you for this story?

It is not all together flattering?

A "jinx"? A secret agent for the "Paris-based International Police"?

<tommywillb takes one imperceptable step back>

;)

uncovered by Tommy
Hey, did they interview you for this story ?

It is not all together flattering?

Yes, but the truth rarely is. :(

My Rhapsody car runs on the Mach 2.5 kernel. :D

And if Mac OS X is using Darwin (which uses Mach 3), then maybe the Mach 5 is running Mac OS XII... it could happen. :confused:

movements by Tommy
<tommywillb takes one imperceptable step back>

What? I'm a nice guy, just ask my friends (and don't read my posts with PC Trolls or on politics).

Admiral, Ed, say something nice about me... and mean it! :mad:

;)

Originally posted by nkuvu
Oh, wait. San Diego? I've never been there. Nevermind...

:D

What? A zonie that has never been to San Diego? I thought all you guys come there for the weekends (on some weekends, I've seen almost as many Arizona plates on the roads as California).

I actually like zonies, my sister was born in Phoenix (I think that was why she was a little strange). :eek:

Tom - really no need to fear the Coach. He is one of the nicest guys around here. granted, he has a loud bark when he senses intruders but he is more like a playful puppy around friends - amusing antics, faithful to friends, and prone to long periods of rest between rambunctious activities. He is easily dragged into a game of chase your own tail with other dawgs and will chase sticks thrown for him. As far as i can tell, he is housebroken and will only piss on outsiders:D

Seriously, he is a great guy and fun to hang out with.:)

nkuvu - you really should make the road trip to Diego someday. It is well worth it. I know it is a bit further from Toucan than Feenix, but i still would recommend it. I would agree with Phil's memories - see the zoo while you are there. Staying up all night wandering up and down the beach in Mission Beach and Pacific Beach is also an unforgetable activity.:cool:

I haven't even been to Feenix [sic :)]. Just got a reliable car in October, and have been too busy to even think of a road trip.

And I used all my vacation time to spend time with my grandfather in Washington...

spending time with your grandfather seems like a good thing. I am sure Feenix and Diego will be around longer than he will be. My son's maternal grandparents live in Toucan and recently closed their store and retired. They owned an authentic native american goods store. everything was made by native americans. I was never there but the pictures looked pretty cool.

so do you ever get out to the desert at night? I love it at night. What about you Coach? ever go out camping or running around in the desert at night?

Okay, so I found a picture of a car that was the same model year as mine was (this was the one I had for almost 11 years back in California, and I'm going to have to replace once I get back there). I changed the color of the paint so that it is the same as mine was (mine was olympic blue, this one was originally red).

Attachments

• 914.jpg
    914.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 14
Back