Constant beachballs in safari…what a dog.

glapher

Registered
Constant beachballs in safari…what a dog.

I love and have used safari for a long time, but recently the beachball things is just crazy bad. And ok, on my white 2gb mem imac, but on a new macbook air, cloned from said os (imported settings, etc.), and I get beachballs on 5 open tabs, with minimal flash….shhh…

any idea on what I should do? (and no I am not going with chrome)

what more facts? sl, most recent update, upon up a few tabs, and then when you switch in them you get beachballs for a few seconds to sometimes a good 10 seconds, nothing heavy, I already said this, not much flash.

You have a new Air,but you cloned the OS from your Imac? That's half the problem right there. Have you tried to reset Safari or run any disk utilities ?

You have a new Air,but you cloned the OS from your Imac? That's half the problem right there. Have you tried to reset Safari or run any disk utilities ?

look I think I might have expressed myself imprecisely here. I have used an image of my older air ssd (same model, just got it replaced for a faulty mobo) and migration assistant on a virgin install of a brand new computer. This shouldn't be causing any trouble.

Plus when was the last time you cleared Safari's cache al all? On the affected account use a cache clearing program like Yasu or Onyx and run all the cleaning routines. Let the program reboot your Mac then upon that reboot manually reboot again to completely rebuild the system startup/shutdown system cache. Then see if Safari still does the beach balls.

My cookie-cutter advice for mysterious slowdowns is:

- Clear your cache (for web browsers).
- Download a utility like Onyx and run the daily, weekly and monthly maintenance scripts.

Plus when was the last time you cleared Safari's cache al all? On the affected account use a cache clearing program like Yasu or Onyx and run all the cleaning routines. Let the program reboot your Mac then upon that reboot manually reboot again to completely rebuild the system startup/shutdown system cache. Then see if Safari still does the beach balls.

and I should be doing these myself, why?

and I should be doing these myself, why?

You came here with a complaint about your Mac system, and (I'm guessing here) you were expecting some help with that. The maintenance tasks will likely give you some improvement, and possibly fix it completely.

Is there some reason that you would not do those tasks?
Sometimes, all that's needed is the simple cache-clearing...

Back