Cool huh ?

Kinda Sweet...

And Coming Along nicely..

NeYo

sweet.jpg

other than the quite obvious answer (a screenshot) --- what is this ?
(or a better question is qhat is it a screenshot of ?)

i see two things

a finder?/red IE logo/something

and the build on the machine is Win5.1 running
on a 900mkz Athlon...

and then there's a little spring thingy...

always loved these games as a kid . . .

ok so aside from the aqua skin, where's the preemptive multitasking? the protected memory? the symmetric multiprocessing? te unix core?

I may look like OSX but i wouldn't kid myself into thinking it really is. There's more to it than just the pretty face. but hey I guess it's cool that you've managed to make XP looks presentable :) Not to kindle a flame war or anything...

If its really Windows XP wit a nice aqua interface, how come there is iTunes running on it? Is it just a background picture in XP, also wit the dock on it

Originally posted by Dradts
If its really Windows XP wit a nice aqua interface, how come there is iTunes running on it? Is it just a background picture in XP, also wit the dock on it

The iTunes thing is probably a skin for Media Player, etc.
The dock is a 3rd party app I think...

Over all it looks good :)

Originally posted by themacko
One word: Photoshop.

LMAO!
Fair Play Though! ;)

But 4 real.. Some of ya Comments made me laugh...!
But i can truly say, thats my system... and no my Great Art Skills...
I Could Go thru the Heaps of Apps, Skins, and various Hack's and Mods that have created this quite unique XP Desktop! ...
But 4 Real... Doesn't it make XP, in U're eyes, more appealing!?
hehe...

i appreciate it isn't running on UNIX Core... or all that other Stuff u mentioned... but we Don't need a ANOTHER Mac/PC Debate... Do We!?

After All... ...NO... I Won't Argue... I Didn't Create this Thread 2 Argue!

...i have to admit, Aqua Interface Looks far nicer than Bog Standard Luna... However... There's SOOOOOO Many Skins for Luna Available, amongst 3rd party Apps which allow more diversty... ie.. the abilty 2 move the min, max and Close Commands ( this can not be achieved, with a native XP Skin (msstyles))

iTunes is A Skin, It's Pretty Good Though... and Is Part of a Pack of 3 Skins... here Comes another Desktop Pic Inna mo... ;)

If Any1 is interested in what makes my desktop look how it does... holla and i will reveal! ;)

NeYo

Usually, they don't work that well. Poor NeYo, I really think he wants a new iMac but just doesn't have the money. So he looks for these (underground) hacks which makes Swiss Cheese, I mean XP, look more like OS X.

Oh well, this will serve him well when he finally makes the transition to a new iMac running OS X.

Originally posted by rfraley
Usually, they don't work that well. Poor NeYo, I really think he wants a new iMac but just doesn't have the money. So he looks for these (underground) hacks which makes Swiss Cheese, I mean XP, look more like OS X.

Oh well, this will serve him well when he finally makes the transition to a new iMac running OS X.

Do u NOT think Mine Works So well then?!
Are we talking in terms of productivity, rather than just Eye Candy?!

As For ya Other Comments, U Can tell, huh?!
I Deffo Wanna Get a Mac... i am VERY Curious... and they do look Good (obv's!)! I guess thats the reason i am on this Board... i am not an average windows User, who just Ses "Mac Sux" LOL!

I thought... I'd Drop Another ScreenShot or 2 Down... Just Show a few more things....
U guys are right though...
The Dock is a 3rd party Application!
As For that App... No 1 kinda knew about.. it's an FTP Client... i guess i added it, 2 show how the Skinning etc, effects a "normal" Program, which would otherwise be "luna-fied"! hehe!

Anyways... I'll lace a Pic Or 2...
Oh... And I'd love 2 know what Some1's IE ToolBar Actually looks like...!

Cheers Guys...

NeYo

sweet2.jpg

You used thembar for IE
Desktop X for Dock
Iconpackager for the icons
Windows FX for the shadows
mac taskbar by the aqua-soft group Or the star docks taskbar skinner
Windowblinds for the skin, which i must say that one is very old, there are better ones with styleXP like Lquidus.
The Itune is a windows media player skin
MSN is using the MSN addon skinner by a third party
Aquafinder is also by Aqua-soft team
Background is a .BMP Quantum wallpaper

Now be quiet, no one is impressed, and you didnt hack shit, so dont take the credit, fool.

Windows XP normal FIsher price blue skin is my more pleasing to the eye with the nature background.

LMAO!
U Dumb Ass... WTF is U're Problem!?

OK... If u wanna be Such a Wise Guy...
Here We Go...
WinMac For the Finder bar
AquaDock For the Dock
WebBlinds For the IE Skinning
AquaFinder
There is No Proper Way of Skinning Messenger! LOL! ...3rd PArty... Yes Dude, Whatever...! i think U're'll Find the Answer Lies Within "Res Hack" <--Ooh Is that Resource HACKER?! Sorry Dude!
Besides that.. the background is just a background and is NOT important! lol
icons... Ummm...

Have u even Heard of Shell32.dll ?!
OK then... Hack that... i think U're'll find, u're'll have 2 use Resource Hacker.. Edit All the icons u wish 2 modify... then Save it as a Different File Name, Boot into Command Prompt, manually replace the DLL ... And Boot into Windows! ... Durr...! lol... How Else Do u change Default Folder Views and Such?
Hmmm... What Else! ? ... Errr...

Have U ever Realised that the AquaDock Software takes the icon, Found @ the Begining of the application Window, and therefore, looks Really CRAP!? ... No AntiAliasing or anything is applied 2 what often are poor icons anyhow!? ...
Well... Modify... the IE Icon... Hmmm... What DLL Hold's the Key?! ... Err... Would that Mean i would Use Resource Hacker, AGAIN!? OMG... What a Surprise... the DLL, is MSHTML, in the System32 Folder!
Right ... WHAT NEXT!?
the Start Button, the Button has Been HACKED?! Oops... Did i say that!? ...Explorer.exe! <-- Of Course u knew that.. EVEN U, Yes u can guess that one! :D
... Ok ... Bitmap 143 Controls the Logo that Appears in Dumb Ass TellyTubby Land Luna...
And the string text is found in .... "String Table" / 37 / 1033
and "String table" / 38 / 1033

Once Modified, Explorer.exe will need 2 be Killed From the Processes, Saved and Reloaded...
Note that in all cases of HACKS... Windows File Protection is Enabled... and also, the exact same protected files need 2 be deleted from the dllCache Folder...

Now Dude... i think i have proved my point, and could Keep Going On... But Whats the Point, when u seem 2 think u know everything!?

Happy Hacking...

NeYo

oh... And Enjoy Luna...Lemmie Guess.. is it that Kickass Blue, with that Awesome Green "Eye" ?! LMAO

oh! LMAO ... everytime i read U're Lame Xcuse's; trying 2 Sound like u know what U're On about... i find something new, 2 laugh @!
Why The Hell is Lquidus (msstyles) Any Betta ?
Hmm... The min, max and close Gymph's CANNOT BE Moved in any any native MS Skin...
So 4 Starter's that'd ruin the theme... Don't u think!?
Also... Hmmm... When Skinning, what Cover's more areas!?
BTW... Just 2 Let u know... (oh, Sowwy Dude... ALMIGHTY ONE)
Disciple Released his new Msstyles Skin, AquaXP.... which is Betta!
But hey... No Comparison 2 U're Awesome Luna blue!?
LMAO... Dude.. B4 u "Tried" 2 Flame me... i respected tha fact u stood up 4 yaself... and i kinda wondered why a lot or peeps were P*ssed @ U ... Now It's Clearly obvious! ...

NeYo

Oh... And if u knew Aqua-Soft... U''d know that it isn't Windows Media Player... and How Could i be using Desktop X?!
The Dock Appears Fully Dynamic, unlike Static pre-rendered icons, produced 2 emulate the Dock... those Dock Icons Can merely be used as Shortcuts or Popup Menu's!

Don't Care?
Why Were u So Eager to try Steal Some1's Thunder... Personally Dude... Any1 who reads thru this thread, will think U're even more of prat... and that u were made 2 look stupid by U're attempts @ Flaming me... Sorry i Made u look an idiot... but i imagine, many other's have Before me!?

NeYo

Heh... Neyo's posts always contain plenty of random caps and other annoyances.

The posts are always unreadable and they burn my eyes :-(

Hey NeYo,

Nice shots! I like what you've done with the place. Sorry the village idiot stopped by to show just how antisocial a person can get. He is working on being the first person to offend every member of this forum (and he is an equal opportunity offender).

Back