Customization of Startup Manager Screen

iamthesnee

Registered
Using Leopard, how does one change the startup manager (the screen that allows selection of which OS to boot) appearance. I can manipulate the individual OS's icons, and could change the background back in Panther, but have been unable to figure out a way to do so in 10.5. I know it can be done, I just can't seem to find out how.

sheraz4u - I think the poster knows HOW to use the startup manager (or the Option-boot screen), but wants to change the appearance of that screen, somehow.

iamthesnee - I've not heard of changing that boot screen, as it's not part of the operating system installation. It's all in firmware, I think. A PPC Mac, which has access to Open Firmware, that may be possible to do. An intel Mac, with very limited provision to the EFI firmware - probably not possible to do.
I suppose it's a challenge there, and someone can prove me wrong, if they can! Bwa - Haa- haa !! (sorry, I don't know how to speak villainy :D )

Using Leopard, how does one change the startup manager (the screen that allows selection of which OS to boot) appearance. I can manipulate the individual OS's icons, and could change the background back in Panther, but have been unable to figure out a way to do so in 10.5. I know it can be done, I just can't seem to find out how.

All I know is MacPilot that will do that for you but it costs money.

All I know is MacPilot that will do that for you but it costs money.

Really? Can you show a screen shot of the MacPilot setting that allows changing the appearance of the Option-boot screen? (not the system login screen)... Sounds interesting !

Back