Dear macosx.com Therapist,

how about "hi, what did you think of class today?" or yesterday, or in general. start with something you know you have in common. if a gir's interested, "hi" is enough sometimes. if she needs to become aware that sh'e interested then you've to give her some reasons why. the more you talk, and the less you worry about what you're 'supposed' to talk about, the more natural it will all be.

I'm really depressed on this subject now. It's the first time i've ever felt a specific way towards any girl. I went to her game tonight (she plays school sports) but she didn't wave/say hi or anything. I don't know if she doesn't like me or if we need to become more of friends.

I don't know, i need to sleep. 'night.

Trip, i'm sorry if my advice sucked.

cause i know it did.

dunno what to tell you. high school is rough, when women are concerned.

i still stick by my original ideas, though. you have to make it clear from the get-go that you're interested, or....checkmate.

and if she doesn't like you? move on. i know it's the worst advice, but really, spare yourself the pain. i wish someone had drummed that into my head at your age. cause i've wasted YEARS on worthless chicks. and it's so not worth it. man, move on. you WILL meet someone else. just be patient.

and if she doesn't like you? move on. i know it's the worst advice, but really, spare yourself the pain. i wish someone had drummed that into my head at your age. cause i've wasted YEARS on worthless chicks. and it's so not worth it. man, move on. you WILL meet someone else. just be patient.

i couldn't have phrased it any better. it's a simple truth that you have to learn for yourself i guess.

Trip, Ed is right. (as am i :p )

but it sounds like you're saying she doesn't like you.

is that what you're saying?

assuming so, you want to hang onto it? more power to you. but it's a lonely existance, man. trust me, i know. it's painful and lonely, and she will never understand. NEVER. you're only screwing yourself.....

and if i'm wrong about all this, good. i sure hope so.

hey heartache is a fact of life if you have heart. it's probably not right in the bigger scheme of things for us to try and deny Trip the experience of it. i am sure he needs his own lessons just as we did.

but Trip, you can't say we didn't try :D

Ed, once again you're right.

i'm just telling Trip not to HOLD ON to that heartache. feel it, learn from it, yes, but don't hold on to it. move on, and all that.

Well, things are back to the way they were. We say hi everyday. But i want to move in and see if we can be friends better...i just can't get a decent moment! Or if i do get the right moment i'm occupied with something else at the time and forget until it's too late...

Finally: i AM prepaired. If she doesn't like me, and she shows/says it, then i can live with that. But right now i think our schedules are so messed up we never really see eachother.

Originally posted by Trip
Well, things are back to the way they were. We say hi everyday. But i want to move in and see if we can be friends better...i just can't get a decent moment! Or if i do get the right moment i'm occupied with something else at the time and forget until it's too late...

that's no such thing as a "good moment". sure you might get lucky, but don't bet on it. rather, take whatever opprotunities you can get...life is too short to hold back.

Finally: i AM prepaired. If she doesn't like me, and she shows/says it, then i can live with that. But right now i think our schedules are so messed up we never really see eachother.

good to hear. as for the time thing, i can totally relate, i'm going through the same thing with that girl i met. we like each other, but there's just no time..she's always busy, and she lives pretty far from me...we can literally see each other for a couple hours a week. it totally sucks, i feel your pain.

New things:

I got a date! Tomorrow will officially be my first ever date, but the girl i'm going with isn't really my type, and she's not all that pretty. Is it wrong that i'm going with her although i'm positive i don't like her?!

I just got off the phone with the girl this thread was originally created for, not going to say anything more than: it went well. :)

go on the friggin date already. stop acting like you've got to marry the first girl you date. have fun. enjoy her for who she is, not what you want her to be. it's just a date. don't make it more than it is. :D

Naah, dates are cool as long as the terms of the date are understood by both parties before the date commences, well ok, before the date goes too far. Don't lead her on and don't take advantage and who knows, maybe you'll get to know a side of her that you didn't think existed.

Hehe...i don't know how to break it to her that i can't drive. What should i do about that? lol.

let her find out when yo pick her up. i assume one of your folks will be driving you :p

(seriously, i'd figure out transportation before hand. if you've got it covered one way or another, don't worry about how she will judge you for it. ONCE AND FOR ALL TRIP - JUST RELAX AND ENJOY YOURSELF!! :D )

lol, i really don't care. It'll be an experience. :)
But here's the situation: she's planned the date, and she told me to go to her house a little before we go out, i don't know if that means she thinks i'm driving or what...but i can't have my parents/family drive me! Instead i planned on my brother dropping me off.

Hahaha, what the heck am i suppost to do?! :D

If you don't know what to do during the date, just post here if you can do that invisibly, we'll be here (e.g. when she's .. in an other room or so). :D

Though it will be better if you'll be offline ...

Think Adidas. ('just do it') :p

:)
I'm going to tell her tomorrow during school that i can't use the car because my brothers going on a date too. :D

Back