Design the new icon for the chat client contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome icon Brian...looks very professional. Almost like something Apple would make. :)

If you don't mind...would you be willing to email it to me? I'd love to use it regardless of whether or not it's chosen for the chat app. If it's ok with you my email is LineMech@aol.com

ok, i like the last one as well- except for one thing - it uses unaltered apple logos - copyright infringement. i mean, i realy like the idea myself, but somewho that apple needs to altered enough that it isn't actually apple's apple anymore. same with the X. up to this point everyone has done a great job of changing enough of the apple trademark stuff to be ok. this one just needs some more 'disguising'. ;)

Ok here you go. Remember that this was just a quick trace. The curves might not be perfect.

Attachments

• apple.ai.zip
    99.3 KB · Views: 17
Originally posted by edX
ok, i like the last one as well- except for one thing - it uses unaltered apple logos - copyright infringement. i mean, i realy like the idea myself, but somewho that apple needs to altered enough that it isn't actually apple's apple anymore. same with the X. up to this point everyone has done a great job of changing enough of the apple trademark stuff to be ok. this one just needs some more 'disguising'. ;)

Oops. Ok i'll play with it. When's the deadline for theese things?

not too soon - now that people are finally starting to get with it and submit, i'll certainly make sure we take the time to play with as many ideas as possible.

Garrrr, I had to open Chimera to download your file, twister, Safari just downloaded 'attachment.php' to the desktop. There goes my second Bug!

Opon downloading, I opened it in Fireworks MX, and it said 'Could not complete your request. Please save your Illustrator files in Illustrator 8 format.'
What format did you save it as?

Ok i saved it as Ill 9 format. I'll do 8 but not for a few hours (gotta wait till lunch)

Hey ED. Can i use 1/2 of the apple logo? I had another idea for mine. Or do you not want me to use the apple logo at all?

Twister

i forget what the exact percentage is, but it's something like 20 to 50% of something must be altered in order to not be theft of someone else's work. so yea, slice it, dice it, add stuff over it, what ever... just change enough of it that it is no longer what apple uses as their trademark or their icons.

Stupid safari timed out before the logo got uploaded. i'll try agian.

Attachments

• applev8.ai.zip
    96.5 KB · Views: 9
I choped off most of the apples and the X is from the font New York. Not an apple traced X.

Twister

Attachments

• macosxchat2.png
    macosxchat2.png
    13 KB · Views: 52
Okay, here is my first attempt:
Please give suggestions, etc.

Attachments

• chaticon_2.jpg
    chaticon_2.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 38
Status