DeXtop - themes, icons, & desktops

What was wrong with my icons?

You should at least use them for icons. Replace the standard blank document icon with my regular ice cube, and if you can associate the others with other document types, then all the better.

Originally posted by arden
What was wrong with my icons?

You should at least use them for icons. Replace the standard blank document icon with my regular ice cube, and if you can associate the others with other document types, then all the better.

What icons? did i miss these?!

Arden that gives me a great idea, cuz i really wanna use those cubes. I'll mix the widgets with the cubes :)
Or we can use the cubes as Icons! In fact, all the cubes that you made will be icons.
Speaking of icons, nb3004 created an awesome folder icon :)
Perhaps we can incorporate the cubes with the folders :)

I think Nick's (sorry, nb3004's) folder would work well. Use my cube for the basis for document icons (hopefully you can scale it up to 128x128 easily if it's not there already, though I think it is), and add logos like Quicktime and text to it.

Oh wow, nice one Androo ... i didn't know u updated it! my bad! ... cool, i'm gonna install it now!

So is this theme 'complete' now?

Neyo, if you're ever not away on IM I'll send you the PSD file.

I've decided to start a new theme called Heavy Traffic, and I'd like submissions for theme elements. Basically, anything related to cars or traffic in general is good, like a highway sign for a submit button or a car trunk for a drawer. Send either the individual pics or a ThemePark file containing the bits.

Originally posted by arden
Neyo, if you're ever not away on IM I'll send you the PSD file.

I've decided to start a new theme called Heavy Traffic, and I'd like submissions for theme elements. Basically, anything related to cars or traffic in general is good, like a highway sign for a submit button or a car trunk for a drawer. Send either the individual pics or a ThemePark file containing the bits.

LOL Arden, i added you, after you IM'd me the late time. I've not seen you one, either! :p

As for the upcoming theme, sounds interesting, but don't make it too 'busy'.

See ya around ;)

Arden, sounds pretty cool!
Ummmm yea Ice11 1.3 is now going to be in development, meaning the amazing folders will be coming! And if you want just the folders, then you can just download the whole thing, cuz it wont be big.
Everything is going to be in .dmg.sit, so get your stuffit and diskcopy prepared. :)
I am going to start the second i hit the submit reply button for this post!aaaaaaanddddd GOOOO!

theme.png

"Gunmetal."

Argh, looking at this on an uncalibrated PC gamma CRT has produced less than desirable results. I was afraid of this.

Looks like I'll be needing to do quite a bit of tweaking to this theme at school as well... :\

What do u mean Ricky? Looks nice on my Apple LCD! ... Altho i have to admit, working on here, i hate viewing my work on "typical" setups with CRT's. They seem so dark, and it really ruins some of my stuff, i've gone through some Gamma stuff, and I can't see to get my Apple LCD setup to see how stuff 'may look' on a "typical" CRT setup. :(

Ricky that looks awesome.

I am making a theme too :) still in development, but its looking pretty cool. I can't think of a name but it will have something to do with the winter. "Snowman" is the current name which isn't permanent.
loooooook!

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 9
Back