DeXtop - themes, icons, & desktops

I think that the little white line there has gotta go...... it makes it blend in with safari, but in a weird way that distracts you.....

Ice12, perhaps? :) No, seriously, call it Frost. Not Frost11, but just Frost.

What's with the sudden ice-themed, um, themes all of a sudden, Androo? Is it too cold in your room? Or too hot?

Neyo: PC's are tuned to a lower gamma than Macs by design. Therefore, images typically look much darker on a PC than on a Mac (especially my iMac, with its dark-blue-black blacks... but that's a different story). You have to correct for this when you make images destined to be viewed on multiple monitors; fortunately, Photoshop has options for this.

Ricky: Why are you worried how your Mac OS X theme looks on a PC? Have you found the magical combination to run OS X on Intel hardware?

Originally posted by arden
Why are you worried how your Mac OS X theme looks on a PC? Have you found the magical combination to run OS X on Intel hardware?
The default calibration setting for most CRTs put onto Macs is PC gamma, which makes everything below 60-60-60 RGB value or so look like black.

Originally posted by Ricky
The default calibration setting for most CRTs put onto Macs is PC gamma, which makes everything below 60-60-60 RGB value or so look like black.

I see, that explains a few things! So how can i setup my stuff to work with this? In PS, that is!? I am a n00b very much eager to learn...

Arden, actually my room is very warm, since i have too many electronics. I have my imac, my tv, my stereo, my vcr, my playstation2, a giant wooden desk (wood produces heat too), my powerbook G3, my lamp, my lava lamp and my phone.
Though i dont have all of these on at once (sometimes i do lol), if i use a few of these instant hotness. But my room is just hot without doing anything (my comp is always on though).

Actually, i will call it Frost. The whole 11 thing can only be used once (i replaced mac11 with ice11, mac11 is obsolete, its gone).
I'll continue to work on it today, it has some NASTY bugs (the top of a window in some apps are 10x bigger than the actual window).
I gotta fix that :)

Okay, i fixed up the theme, its now at version 0.6, meaning its time for public testing.

Frost 0.6
Whats new?
-The light blue is not replaced with light purple
-The snowy texture has been improved
-Theme works in Photoshop now
-The name is now Frost
-Desktop Background has been included
-That's all for now!

-----------------
---Frost 0.6---
By DeXtop
Size: 702 KB

Download:
http://penguinn.com/dextop/downloads/frost06.sit

Requirements:
Mac OS X 10.2.6, not for 10.3 beta
Duality 3.1 (dont use 4, it can mess up your computer, if you need the link to duality 3.1 just ask me!)
-------------------

Here is a screenshot!

Attachments

• frostscreen1.jpg
    frostscreen1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 12
Androo: I like the texture in the toolbar area, but you need to work on the selected menu part. Make it more distinctive and not flat.

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~
I don't like that theme, Androo! :(

Androo, any chance of fixing these elements up, in your ice theme, I am sure u didn't want Aqua in there...

Attachments

• picture 1.jpg
    picture 1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 14
oooo i know how to fix it!
Sure i'll fix it later when i'm done homework!!!!
Ricky: I've been working on that too :)
I'll be done in a matter of days ;)

I'll also fix up the airport ichat sound and moniters menus on the top rite so that there is no white!

as i promised NeYo, i have fixed ice11, making it ice11 1.3 :)
I put in 1 folder (1 of the many you will be seeing in v1.4 :)), and there is no visible aqua stripes.

Ice11 v1.3
By DeXtop
Sept 11, 03

requirements:
OS X 10.2.6
Duality 3.1 or later (dont use duality 4 GT, it can mess up your comp)

http://penguinn.com/dextop/downloads/ice13.sit
Size: 1.21 Megabytes

Ricky, that isn't an iChat AV menu is it?! Since i installed iChat AV, the menu didn't work because it was still associated with the original iChat app, from jagWire. :(

n/m, maybe i am being blonde ... i reverted to iChat 1.0, unticked the Menu, upgraded to iChat AV, and then applied the menu, and it works like a charm!

I missed that! Cheers for ...errr ... NOTHING :p

Ricky:
sweeet background! is that the panther background? Did you theme that menubar in yourself? if not, then send me the file :), and i'll finish your theme RIGHT NOW (it should take me a while though lol).

Back