disk utility bootdisc/backup dvd (intel)

kevincad

Registered
hi,i was wondering if its possible to make a bootdisc/dvd from the disk utility when i boot it from the restore dvd?ive seen it awhile ago on the net,but cant seem to find it now.i just want to make a backup copy of my install dvd so i dont lose it.thanks

Select the CD/DVD drive device in the left-hand sidebar, then select from the "File" menu, "New" > "Disk Image from [device]" where [device] is the CD/DVD partition selected in the left-hand sidebar (should be the first indented partiton below the CD/DVD device listed there).

Then, set "Image Format:" to "DVD/CD Master" and "Encryption:" to "none". Select a place to save it, click "Save".

Then, to burn the copy, simply insert blank media (DVD-R disk), select the image in the left-hand sidebar that you just made (if it isn't listed, simply drag and drop the actual CD/DVD image file into the left-hand sidebar), and click "Burn". The copy should be fully bootable.

And you will discover that you can't burn a backup of your install DVD - it's a dual-layer disk, and your MacBook doesn't have a dual-layer burner.

well....the computer i made the backup for was a intel mac.the one iam selling on ebay is for a ppc mac i got rid of.get it straight.i dont think anyone would be that stupid to do something like that on ebay.but damn...think of the profit you could make.lol

I apologize for implying that you were simply purchasing an installer set, burning a copy, then selling the original.
But, that's how it appeared through this site, with both the burn and the offer to sell within a day...

Back