Dock Position

Mendel

Registered
Hi,

i have a two monitor setup (one 21" to the left (main screen) and a 17" to the right). I want to have my dock on my 17" (not the main screen) at the bottom.
I can set it to left, right and bottom in the pref pane, but left and bottom will place the dock on the main screen, only right will place the dock on the right side of my second screen.
How can i bring the dock to the bottom of my second screen?

Thanks,
Mendel

I think that you can do this right from within the display setting. You can choose which monitor you want to be your main and which one you want to be your secondary.

Once you select which monitor has the menu bar on it, you can modify the position of the dock to have it at the bottom as you want.

I have tried this and it works.

Sounds like you want the 21" monitor to be your main screen, but have the Dock on the 17" monitor. Can't do that. You have to make the 17" monitor the main screen.

But Mendel said he wants the dock at the bottom of the second screen, not the main screen. If you change the main screen (has the top menu) from one display to the other, does the dock stay at the bottom with the menu, or does it stay with the same display? (That's a confusing question....What I mean is, the dock stays at the far right or far left, and does not move when the other display is used as the main screen. If the dock is positioned at the bottom, does the dock stay on the same display regardless of which display is the main screen (the one with a top menu bar?) I don't have 2 displays to check this out.

The dock is on the same screen as the menubar. Whichever screen you have set to your "main" one is the one with the menubar and the dock.... wish there were a way to separate them, and have the menubar on one screen, and the dock on the other.... oh well...

Damn. I dont want to have the Menu Bar on the 17", it is too small but the dock is always getting in my way on the 21".... i hope Apple will fix this!

Nope, it's not a bug, just a resticted feature. The dock can be at the extreme left or right, regardless of which monitor you have set as your main monitor. But the dock will only appear at the bottom of the main monitor, not a secondary monitor.

Back