Does anyone have opinions on the Office Update?

simbalala

Registered
I was notified of the update and I let it run but I was too busy yesterday to run the apps I normally use, Word and Excel, to see if much had changed.

Did anyone find problems or improvements? It seems like Excel and Word start up a little quicker as they did after the last update.

Microsoft released updates for Office 2004, Office v.X, Windows XP, etc. These are security updates. Owing to the fact that MS is simultaneously updating its entire product line going back to Windows Me, this would seem to be serious. I have updated my installation of Office 2004. No problems to report.

It seems like Excel and Word start up a little quicker as they did after the last update.
I agree. They do sem to load faster after update 10.1.7 (however, I take your point ElDiabloConCaca).

As I mentioned before on this forum, I receive regular updates from US-Cert. Goodness knows how I got on to their mailing list, but they do provide useful info on system security leaks. You can sign up for security alerts if you feel the need.

I can only assume that most alerts they release relate only to Windoze users, although I have yet to receive one that wasn't relevant to a Mac owner.

Back