Donation 2004/thoughts

Cheryl

Rosie Moderator
Staff member
Mod
It can never be said enough.

Thank You ::love::

This is a private forum for those of us who have donated. What would you like to discuss here?

I think for being the charter member of the $5 contributor's club, arden should only get 1 letter of his sig colored orange. :)

and how much letters would YOU get ? I would get 4 of my 5 letters orange.

Well, if you count this year, I'd have to drop a couple of letters in my sig if it's $5 a letter. If you add in last year's donation, I'd be able to spare some Orange for you bruddah. And if that's the case, you can forget all about Serpicolugnut. :)

But on a more serious note, the mods' darker black doesn't show up as well. What about making them red? This would be especially helpful to newer people coming here as one would think (hopefully) that he or she will get better info from a mod than any Joe off the street.

Hmm... I'm a letter over then! :)

Maybe I should get a new mini-me style user with the left-over letter... I suppose my new user would be called 'u'.

Gotta think of an avatar now ;)

Actually, it does not matter how much you donated, just that you did donated. :)

What if there was a slight color change to distinguish the lesser donators from the non-donators? Just make our names, oh, dark blue or something.

Oh, and the mods' bold names show up find for me, no matter which browser I'm in. So I'm not sure what the problem is there. But yeah, red would be cool for them.

The orange is just to indicate a donator regardless of amount. It would not serve any purpose to show anything more or less.

I agree... the fact that Randman is so tight with his money doesn't bug me ::angel:: ::love::

Cheryl said:
The orange is just to indicate a donator regardless of amount. It would not serve any purpose to show anything more or less.
Actually, the orange is to indicate donors of $20 or more. I contributed $5 and yet I have no orange, for example. I thought maybe there should be a color for those who contribute ($0, $20) as well as those who contribute [$20, infinity).

the fact that Randman is so tight with his money doesn't bug me
Hey, I'm orange. That means I'm not eligible for the $5 Contributors' Club.
Besides I have to hoard my pieces of gold, what few I have ::ha:: until the G5 PowerBooks are ever announced. :p

I remember waiting for the G4 Powerbooks... like being on a long journey wanting to go to the toilet.

As for the colour thing, doesn't bother me in the slightest whether we have it or not. I've gained so much info from this site over the past few years means that my dollars have been well donated ;)

Speaking of which, it's a shame forum sections such as the How-To forum seemed to have been neglected somewhat. A year or two ago they where vibrant. I learnt so much about Apache, PHP, MySQL there. But know, it's a bit of a ghost-town.

I know this was to do with certain members getting upset, and that perhaps there are less unix-savvy members contributing now, but we should try and ignite it. Anyone?

Er... um... yes... How To: Get rid of the moved posts from the How To section ;)

I'm talking generally... maybe I could contribute (would have to prise myself away from work though).

There are two seminal How To's in that section... Admiral AK's Unix basics for Newbies, and the PHP and MySQL install one. I just wished that a few more where added.

By the way Cheryl, are you a fairly moderate fairy moderator?

Um... okay then.

One thing I've noticed, sometimes pages load as the background color only. It's not a big deal, as they show up when I reload them, but it's kind of odd.

Also, would it be a big problem to increase session time to at least 30 minutes? I've had a couple times recently where I've surfed elsewhere for some period of time, whether related to this site or not, and my session expired. Kind of annoying when new posts aren't new anymore.

Back